Complaint Review: Professional Sports Authenticator

• Updated: Wed, August 29, 2012

• Reported By: youKNOWwhothisIS — Fremont California USA
Professional Sports Authenticator
POB 6180 Newport Beach, California United States of America

Professional Sports Authenticator PSA scam,dishonest,expensive,low card grades,hopeless,rude customer service,slow,dishonest guarantees,time consumeing,lose money, damages cards, BEWARE harmful contract restraints, DO NOT USE, SAVE YOUR M Newport Beach, California

*Consumer Comment: PSA Experience

I placed an order several weeks ago for a 10 day completion of 20 cards.  The order had ran several days past due so I made a phone call to customer service and at first spoke to Sonya, Supervisor.  She looked up my order and I told her my concerns about the order being late and she was quick to tell me the order timeframes are NOT promised nor are there ANY guarantees.

I reiterated my concerns about my order being so late, trusting PSA to stick to a 10 day turnaround, and the fact that I paid FULL PRICE for a service she's now describing as way less than first class, and she further stated PSA does not provide for any compensation for an order being late and that PSA could actually take as long as they wanted.  Ultimately, she gave me a dilemma of choosing to get a full refund after having waited several weeks for my order to be filled or to just wait, both "options" with nothing back in return.

I expressed to her I would not be a happy nor satisfied customer if I were to just get a refund after having spent money to send my cards for packaging and postage and after having trusted PSA to complete the order near 10 days.  I also told her I'm very flexible and would allow a spill over of a couple days or so within reason but by now the order was so late that ANYBODY should feel concerned.  I asked again for some sort of compensation offer and Sonya quickly rejected any opportunity.

Sonya's tone of voice had become firm and she sounded annoyed at my persistence and she clearly had no intention of rectifying this bad situation.  Additionally, I clearly saw Sonya had ZERO sympathy for me as a customer who's order was clearly delayed nor any care for my return business.  Apparently, it seems Sonya has NO PERSONAL investment in the well being of PSA.  I guess she comes to work to GET PAID...period.  After spending over 12+ additional minutes waiting on the phone(noted my telephone timer) , I was sent to speak with Laura, Manager.

Again, I stated my concerns that my order was quite late and this time I also told her about the negative experience I had with Sonya.  I suppose Sonya had already given Laura an earful about our conversation because Laura's voice immediately sounded pressured, annoyed, and like she had zero patience left for my persistence.  Laura started right off expressing to me with EMPHASIS that PSA DOES NOT guarantee a time frame for when an order will be completed.

She also immediately accused me of not writing which order type I had paid for on the outside of the box and THAT was why the order had been delayed AT LEAST by 2 additional days and that IF I had written the order on the box the order wouldn't be so far behind.  I specifically remembered writing the order type on the box and told Laura so.  I heard a few clicks like she had typed something and then Laura shot back that the guys in receiving say the box had nothing written on it.  I repeated that I had written the order type on the box and further reminded Laura that it took 4 days, not just 2 or 3 for the order to even be put in the system.  After spending time on "what was written on the box", I reminded Laura of WHY I had originally called, that my order was significantly late and that I would like some sort of compensation for the tardiness.

Laura's tone became even more annoyed sounding and she pointed out with even MORE EMPHASIS and irritation that the order dates are an "APPROXIMATION" and that the order could even take "20 DAYS" to complete and it wouldn't matter.  I protested that statement but then Laura shot back that PSA has attorneys that go over "EVERY DETAIL" on the website and "NOTHING" expresses any real hint of when an order is complete.  She also told me that I had "SIGNED TO AGREE TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS" I then asked why put a number at all for dates completed if she's saying there's no limit for when an order will be completed.  She then reinforced everything is an "APPROXIMATION" and there is no time limit at all.

She then gave me the same ultimatum Sonya had insisted that I could receive a refund and that she'll send me back my cards without them being graded.  Again, I told her that it would be a terrible loss to me as a customer if I lose time invested (about a month by then) and related packaging and postage expenses and that I would feel misled by PSA if nothing is done to rectify this situation of my order being so late and NOTHING offered to me in return.  I felt COMPLETELY exhausted after having such a pressured, tension filled, unfriendly telephone interaction with a double dose of Sonya followed up by Laura.

I told Laura I would appreciate some sort of compensation for the tardiness and stressful experience.  She very reluctantly offered vouchers but dug her heels in and said she would "absolutely" not give them to me on Friday and that I would have to wait and see if the order is finished by Monday.  Laura also said that if by the end of the day on Monday the order was not finished that she would give me "COURTESY" vouchers.

And she definitely emphasized the word "COURTESY" which implied she felt she was doing me the favor.  Monday came and went and my order STILL was not completed so I called on Tuesday and Sonya answered the phone.  I had her look up the status of my order and she told me it sill was not finished.  I told her that Laura had promised me vouchers if the order was not completed by Monday.  Sonya then sent me to Laura's voice mail.

I left a message expressing my order still was not complete and that I wanted the vouchers and for Laura to please contact me via email.  I am at a loss for how these 2 "supervisors" DEALT with me. I had to expend massive PERSONAL EFFORT  with this situation even after speaking with 2 supervisors.  At this point I am left with feeling mistreated by both Sonya and Laura, my order STILL (for heaven's sake) is NOT completed.  After several calls and a couple MORE days Laura eventually said she sent me a $40 voucher toward another order.

STILL no refund and plus I would have to place ANOTHER order to get the $40 voucher applied.  The order I placed was for several hundred dollars plus a couple more hundred in shipping and packaging and weeks of wasted time and hours of argueing with PSA "management" and multiple phone calls.  I also had to spend over an hour writing this report.  I am exhausted and very disappointed and will NEVER EVER do business with PSA again.

FAIR WARNING: DO NOT USE PSA.  Save YOUR money and do not give money to PSA based on your HOPES.  The only for sure thing is that YOU PAY PSA.  If I helped anybody to protect themselves from PSA...I did my GOOD DEED :)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2012 09:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Professional-Sports-Authenticator/Newport-Beach-California-92658/Professional-Sports-Authenticator-PSA-scamdishonestexpensivelow-card-gradeshopelessru-934228. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Professional Sports Authenticator

PSA Experience

AUTHOR: 2 Baddow Court - ()

I suspect that the PSA deal with 10's of thousands of submissions every month and you are never going to please all of the people all of the time. However, my experience has always been great! I am UK based and have submitted well over 3000 cards over several years. Customer services have allways been curteous and helpful with no problems with any of my submissions that includes shipment, packing and time taken to process and return my cards. Only complaint is I could do with a few more higher grades (Ha Ha) My experience only but I just wanted to say I am pleased with the PSA, competing on the PSA set registery. There president Joe Orlando who has taken the time to respond to me on a number of occasions.

garno