Complaint Review: Professional Student Loan Solutions, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, October 22, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, February 20, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Sylva North Carolina United States of America
Professional Student Loan Solutions, Inc.

Professional Student Loan Solutions, Inc. Student loans, default recovery, withheald refund, did not do as promised, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Nice try Cindy Reed

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: False Complaints against Professional Student Loan Solutions.

*Author of original report: Additional information...

So, I found this company online to help me gain some sort of recovery from my defaulted student loans.  I was not making enough money to even cover the minimum payments, so naturally the loans defaulted and I started getting collections calls.

I contacted Cindy Reed of Professional Student Loan Solutions and was promised lots of grandiose things like "unlimited deferments/forbearances", "satisfaction guarantee", and "all your loans would be taken care of before you even finish making payments".  So, I filled out the paperwork, but before anything could be done to my loans a payment of $99 had to be made or $199 ($99 plus one month's payment).  The total amount of their fees is $699.

I made the payment of $199, but because I wasn't working, I asked my parents to help me and so they gave their bank account information.  Cindy gave me all the paperwork I needed to send to Direct Loans and was told by her I needed to send it 2-Day Priority Mail costing me $6.  I did as I was instructed and a few weeks later I get a letter saying my application was canceled.  I called Direct Loans and was told that I had information missing from the paperwork Cindy completed for me.

I called Cindy and was told that she would get me a new completed application with all the correct information.  A month goes by, not a word; yet money is still being taken out as "payment" for no services other than completing an application with my name and SSN.  I figured it was odd, but I went along with it because I believed the "promises" she made.  I finally get my new paperwork and again I had to send it 2-Day Priority Mail costing me another $6.  I called Cindy frustrated at having to pay $6 every time she screwed up, so she knocked $20 off of August's payment.

All the while this crap has been happening, I'm getting hounded with collection calls.  Collection agents are even speaking harshly to my parents all the while I'm waiting for some sort of debt relief as promised.  Even on their website a certain testimonial reads, "The first week you stepped in and stood up for me to those collectors."   I'm still waiting for them to stand up for me.  I called them and they didn't even ask me for the collection agency information, so how can the stand up for me when they won't make an effort to gain the proper information?

So fast forward to a few days ago, when I get a letter in the mail from Direct Loans stating that my application was canceled again due to missing paperwork.  I filled out everything that was sent to me and one page was missing.

I called Cindy upset and frustrated trying to get a refund.  Of course, I get the run-around of "I need to get more information" and the ever popular "Let me discuss it with Mike".  What does Mike have to do with this?  On their website it clearly states, "we guarantee that we will be able to provide you with a viable solution to bring your defaulted student loan(s) out of default or you will receive a full refund.

All they have done is keep taking money out every month for absolutely no assistance whatsoever.  When I call them on it, I get cut off before I can finish and it's like they don't even want to give up the money.  I mean if they were helping me I'd understand, but I'm worse shape financially than I was before I made the call to them.

When I threatened to not utilize their services any longer and demanded a full refund, Cindy replied with the ever-witty rejoinder, "You cannot continue alone without us."  Oh really?  I was doing it long before I called you.

In Conclusion: DO NOT EVEN MAKE THE CALL TO THEM!!  They will rip you off!!  They are supposedly accredited as an A+ business by the BBB, but that's really easy to do when you have no clients and you pay your membership dues every month.  I highly doubt the testimonials made on their website are real.  From what I have experienced compared to the testimonial, I'd say it's 99% bulls**t!!  The only thing real is the city and state the supposed author came from.

I am still waiting on a refund and while I wait, more money has been taken out as payment for services not rendered.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2012 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Professional-Student-Loan-Solutions-Inc/internet/Professional-Student-Loan-Solutions-Inc-Student-loans-default-recovery-withheald-refu-958276. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Professional Student Loan Solutions, Inc.

Nice try Cindy Reed

AUTHOR: ScammersDeath - ()

I just put Student Loan Corporation in my junk mail.

ANything they send me I let it go through my shredders blades.

Yes this company is truley a scam. The goverment won't do anything

about them. Just ignore them they will go away!

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

False Complaints against Professional Student Loan Solutions.

AUTHOR: Cyndi Reed - (United States of America)

Although the individual who chose to complain would not put his name on the complaint it was easy to recognize him as he is the only one of my clients that has complained in years.  Those that do have misunderstandings are always satisfied in the end because they may have just needed clarification or additional knowledge.  In the end of this situation, all of his issues were resolved, he just has not chosen to report that.

What he has neglected to report is that we got ALL of his student loans our of default and in good standing with extremely flexible repayments options to help him in the future.  There were some bureaucratic and administrative delays but when dealing with multiple government agencies and changing administrative policies, that can happen.  But his services were completed with excellent results.

We have been providing help for those with defaulted student loan problems for almost twenty years. We are members of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating.  The rare complaints that we receive generally come up from a client not understanding the services or process and if we are allowed to address them, they are very happy.   Again, this individual did not make most of these complaints directly to me.  Even without those complaints made directly to me, I responded to him in the way we do with all our clients.  We provide a quality service and were sensitive to assuring him that we would be able to resolve his issues and try to educate them in the whole process.

We are a private company and we work for the client, we get no compensation from any other agency.  So yes, we require a down payment of $199 to start working on a case.  However, we spread the rest of our fees over time so that it can fit in our client's budget.  Usually, the client's student loans are resolved before he has paid in full but some cases it does take longer.  We do have a solutions guarantee that says that we will refund our fee if we cannot provide a solution.  It is prominently displayed on our website.  www.ProStudentLoanSolutios.com

In every case when we have a new client, we research their situation and determine the best course of action.   Often cases are complicated by wage garnishments and tax liens that require being dealt with on a unique per client basis.  In his case he had over $80K in defaulted Federal loans that we were going to get paid off through a Federal Program.  This usually takes 30 to 60 days to complete.  This process requires the joint cooperation and action of ourselves and our clients.  And of course, we are always here to help.

The bottom line is that if this client had followed the detailed instructions we provide and used us for our expertise then the errors would have been caught and the processing would hardly have been delayed.  This client chose not to follow the instructions we sent, and didn't listen when we told him verbally to follow up on his program.  Again, the services were completed and the client's loans are out of default.  They just took longer than it would have if the client had followed directions.

Additional information...

AUTHOR: Stankydank23 - (United States of America)

I believe that Cindy is purposely sabotaging my applications as a stall tactic so that she can collect more payments from us.  I demanded a refund a month ago and of course that was passed over and another application was sent down the tubes.

I plan on calling again on 10/23/12 and if a refund check isn't in the mail that I will pursuing other means of getting my money.  Their own website states a full refund if they cannot provide a viable means of default recovery and so far, I'm getting deeper in debt without a means of recovery.