Complaint Review: Professional Transportation Inc.

• Submitted: Sun, October 27, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, October 29, 2013

• Reported By: Nailpolish — Cleburne Texas
Professional Transportation Inc.
Ft Worth , Texas USA

Professional Transportation Inc. PTI Wrongful Termination Ft. Worth Texas

*Consumer Comment: Cutting Thru Your Obvious Smokescreen

I was terminated for not wearing a seatbelt. The policy is that you be coached, written up, suspended, and then terminated after 3rd offense. I was notified after 3rd offense and terminated without prior warning. The seatbelt alert was not working in the company vehicle. The belt was also hard to latch. I was caught on dash cam which is supposed to only activate when vehicle has impact or sudden jolts. Only one of the 3 incidents for the camera to be set off happened when crossing a RR track for car crossings that was in need of repair.

I believe that I was targeted because a long time friend, who also worked at PTI was a whistle blower about employees drinking on the job.  She was terminated.   That’s when my dash cam suddenly started going off.

I   am a person who has nothing but the greatest intentions on doing my best to represent the employer that I work for, with the highest level of integrity and loyalty. I believe I should have been contacted on the first offense pg 13 of manual.

Rules are constantly changing and not everyone gets notified. Rules apply and are overlooked when it’s convenient for management. Management then denies such authorization to cover themselves.

Often, Rules are different for different employees.

To show how unorganized this company is I had payroll issues for a 6 month straight period where they would only pay me for 1 week instead of 2 and omit holiday pay or paid meetings. I was forced to spend my days off to get my money for my performance. Their 1st reply to me would be to call my creditors to postpone payments I owed for car, electric, and etc.  I would then reply that is not acceptable and I need my money for working ASAP.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2013 09:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Professional-Transportation-Inc/Ft-Worth-Texas/Professional-Transportation-Inc-PTI-Wrongful-Termination-Ft-Worth-Texas-1094917. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Professional Transportation Inc.

Cutting Thru Your Obvious Smokescreen

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

By your OWN ADMISSION, you were caught not once, not twice but THREE TIMES not wearing a seatbelt.  One would think a driver would have the common sense to rectify the problem after the FIRST violation.  All the other stuff you wrote about are nothing more than a smokescreen.  YOU violated their policy and YOU brought on your own termination.  Since you have such a low view of workplace safety, any company would fire you.  Secondly, if you need a warning light, chime or buzzer to tell you your seatbelt isn't fastened, then you have more problems than a termination.  If the latch was not easy to use, then it should have been reported as such AND get fixed.  Finally, you aren't immune to personal injury because you are a truck driver.  Seatbelts save lives, even the lives of drivers who think wearing a seatbelt is being a sissy.  YOUR TERMINATION WAS CORRECT.

Don't waste your time saying otherwise...I don't work for them!