Complaint Review: Professional Wood Interiors

• Updated: Wed, May 02, 2012

• Reported By: bev — valley park Missouri United States of America
Professional Wood Interiors
12031 Wesford Dr Internet United States of America

Professional Wood Interiors AKA as Professional Remodeling Interiors and David Portell Cabinet Refacing and Cabinet Maker Internet

Contracted with David Portell to build new upper cabinets and reface lower cabinets due to the fact that we couldn't move the granite counters. Cabinets came in a totally different color then what I ordered and had only one coat of urethane. He had told me he puts on 2-3 coats of urethane and sands between each coat. Paint is now coming off edges of cabinets. Undercabinet lights are installed too close to front of cabinets and are shorting out causing the breakers to trip. Made pantry too large and had to sand it down and beat it into place. Now can't open doors all the way because knob is too close to wall and stick out an inch.

There are dents in every cabinet door caused  by his template when installing hardware. Refacing is literally peeling off cabinets in a washboard effect and some pieces are cut too short and filled in with chaulk. He told me I clean too much and that it must have been humid the day he installed the refacing.

Have been trying since Thanksgiving of 2011 to get him out here to fix these things.

He  comes unprepared with nothing to put on the floor to protect them. He NEVER listens to a word you say because he is the smartest guy in the room. I spent 3 months cleaning up sanding dust after he had to sand down the pantry inside my house because he made it too big and didn't want to remake it. I have had to touch up drawers and edges where the paint has come off. I can't wash my cabinets because the paint will come off. Funny, I never had this problem with my cheap builder grade cabinets or the cabinets I had before that. So I don't think it's because I clean too much more like a cheap, defective product.

He will promise you the sun and the moon but make sure you get EVERYTHING in writing because his contract states he does not have to honor verbal agreements.....what does that tell you?

This guy has 5 pages of lawsuits against him on the St. Louis County Government website (under casenet). He has 3 garnishments against him for  $25,000, $15,000 and $6000 for breach of contract.

He has been sued by vendors for non payment and sued by landlords for not paying his rent. I wish I had  checked this out BEFORE I hired him.

References all stated he did fair work but make sure you get everything in wrinting cause he's an craphead. I should have taken that and run.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2012 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Professional-Wood-Interiors/internet/Professional-Wood-Interiors-AKA-as-Professional-Remodeling-Interiors-and-David-Portell-Cab-877220. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Professional Wood Interiors