• Report: #920301

• Updated: Mon, August 06, 2012

• Reported By: akelat — California United States of America
Proficio Mortgage
6100 Rockside Woods Blvd. Suite 180 Independence, Ohio United States of America

Proficio Mortgage First Liberty Financial HARP Morgage Refinance Scam Independence, Ohio

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Focusing your anger in the wrong Direction

We started working with Brian Masarik in December 2011 on a HARP refinance.  We sent in all our documentation at that time.  In March we were told we would need to send it all in again.  In April we recieved paperwork to sign for a closing date of mid June.  In May they told us we needed an appraisal- after they initially told us we would not need one.  $450 for the appraisal.

We then recieved new loan paperwork with a closing date in later June and we were told everything was okay they just needed more time.  In July- after a ton of e-mails and phone calls with no response my husband finally started getting more aggressive.  He finally heard back and was told that they had contacted us and told us that they had contacted us and told us we would need a second appraisal and we declined and that they told us that they would then close the file.

They had never contacted us about closing our file- as far as we knew they were still working on our file- the last communication was that it would close at the end of June.  We are out $450 and did not get anywhere in this process in 8 months.

I wasted time and money- I have now gone with another lender and they have managed to do more in two weeks than this company did in 8 months- Proficio a.k.a. First Liberty lies- period.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2012 11:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Proficio-Mortgage/Independence-Ohio-44131/Proficio-Mortgage-First-Liberty-Financial-HARP-Morgage-Refinance-Scam-Independence-Ohio-920301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Proficio Mortgage

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Focusing your anger in the wrong Direction

AUTHOR: Brian Masarik - (United States of America)

I work for a bank that follows exactly what the guidelines of the HARP program require.  I don't make the decision on credit worthiness.  I just set up the loan file for the program being applied for and based on an underwriters decision, I request and help process different conditions needed for the loan to finalize.

The HARP program changed several times during the process of the loan.  With HARP 1 and then HARP 2 changing all the guidelines.  We were required to get a second appraisal since the home was most likely Underwater by thousands of dollars.  When the loan was started we met the guidelines that most lenders would not touch.  When the guidelines openned up the appraisal was most likely not valid.  When presented with this the customer no longer wanted to move forward with the loan and withdrew their file from us.  That is why the customer was not contacted about the closing of the file.

I wish every loan went through without complications but, unfortunately that is not possible.  I have done hundreds of loans in my career and this is the first time I have had a complaint.  Many customers have sent emails and letters letting me know how greatful they are for the service I provided.  This seems to be a customer that is upset with the process and not me directly.  It would be nice for them to contact me or, put thier name on the words they write.  Of course they sent this anonomus report that has my name in it without any real truth.