Complaint Review: Progress Energy Florida, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, January 15, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 15, 2009

• Reported By:clarcona Florida
Progress Energy Florida, Inc.
progress-energy.com Winter Garden, St. Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

Progress Energy Florida, Inc. charging me for a street light at an apartment complex. Never agreed to. They wont refund my money. I can prove my case. St. Petersburg Florida

I had progress energy servive for 2 months. I moved and was to get my deposit back. I let my first electric bill go unpaid due to being out of town and knowing Im moving and will have them deduct payment from my deposit. I noticed that by billing was wrong. For one, I was rarely there to aquire such amount. 2nd, when I called to ask about extra type billing. They said I was being charged for a street light & that knowone else of all the apartments were being charged except ME! This is the landlords responsibility, OR they could have broken down to require ALL tenants to pay, divided equally.
Im not letting this go!

They say they refuse to give my $22.38 times 2 equalling $44.76. I dont care if it was .10 cents! Its my money they owe me!!

Between all the phone calls to Progress Energy (periodically without bugging them too much-ALSO giving resonable time) Have had nothing but bogus exuses from them They cant prove I ever agreed to this street light charge and has agrivated me so much that Im ready to SUE for 1000 times the amount they owe me! Im prepairing my case with pictures and all information.

Alot of comapnies are ripping people off during this recession, more than ever!!

Rhonda
clarcona, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2009 02:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progress-Energy-Florida-Inc/Winter-Garden-St-Petersburg-Florida-34787/Progress-Energy-Florida-Inc-charging-me-for-a-street-light-at-an-apartment-complex-Neve-412509. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progress Energy Florida, Inc.