Complaint Review: Progressive American Insurance Company

• Updated: Sat, April 05, 2014

• Reported By: Robert — Pembroke Pines Florida
Progressive American Insurance Company
Pembroke Pines, Florida USA

Progressive American Insurance Company ProgressiveProgressive Insurance Debt Collection Practices Pembroke Pines Florida

I recently received a collection letter from Progressive insurance from a policy that I cancelled back in 2010.  This is the very first letter of any monies supposedly owed to the company.

The reason that I cancelled my policy was because Progressive fraudulently changed my policy without authorization, which resulted in tripling my payments.

Shortly after cancelling my policy, I was contacted to participate in a class-action lawsuit against Progressive American Insurance Company.  The lawsuit was for unfair business practices, of which, Progressive lost.  I received a settlement from that lawsuit, I cannot remember the exact amount, but it was over $300.00.

I assumed that I was done with dealing with this company.  I cannot believe that they have put me in collection from a policy that was cancelled three years ago.  I never received any other bill or indication that I owed them any money at all, until I received this collection letter.  I have written a letter of dispute to the collection agency, as I do not feel that I owe Progressive American Insurance Company any money.  They have wasted my time, ruined my credit report, and continue to harass me three years after I left the company for a better insurance agency.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2013 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-American-Insurance-Company/Pembroke-Pines-Florida-33025/Progressive-American-Insurance-Company-ProgressiveProgressive-Insurance-Debt-Collection-P-1105605. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive American Insurance Company