Complaint Review: Progressive Auto Insurance

• Submitted: Wed, January 12, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, January 13, 2005

• Reported By:hazel park Michigan
Progressive Auto Insurance
progressive.com West Branch, Michigan U.S.A.

Progressive Auto Insurance ripoff paid premium cacelation West Branch Michigan

*Consumer Comment: PROGRESSIVE USED TO BE GREAT TO DEAL WITH.

I paid a six month premium on 2 vehicles then later added a third vehicle. Progressive never sent a bill as promised or a cancelation notice. The vehicle covered on the 6 month premium was in an accident and progressive would not cover damages. After many arguments over the phone they sent a check for $151.89 saying I overpayed on my premium. Instead they canceled my insurance for non-payment on a $90.00 bill.

Jen
hazel park, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2005 11:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-Auto-Insurance/West-Branch-Michigan/Progressive-Auto-Insurance-ripoff-paid-premium-cacelation-West-Branch-Michigan-127155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive Auto Insurance

PROGRESSIVE USED TO BE GREAT TO DEAL WITH.

AUTHOR: Sherri - (U.S.A.)

But in the past few months, I have had my share of billing issues with them as well. The frustrating thing is, you get totally different answers from totally different people each time you try to address the issues.

My policy renewed back in August. I had it set up that I would have five payments of $236 a month, taken out on the 6th of each month, completing on the 8th. Well, August 8th, I noticed that they debited my account for the ENTIRE premium. I called them, they apologized for their mistake and resolved that..for the time being.

September 8th, they took out the $236...and again on September 13th and again on September 26th. Again, apologies and I received a credit from the bank for one overpayment and was told that the other would be applied to October. Needless to say, October rolls around and out comes the $236. Well, I then get a notice from Progressive saying that my policy will be cancelled on the 16th for nonpayment and I was charged a NSF fee for a payment returned (the 3rd one taken out in September, charged back by my bank). I call them again, am told that this is a mistake and am sent a notice that I did not have a lapse in policy and that I am still a month ahead in payments. I have a repeat of the same situation in December, and my bank again does a chargeback of the overpayment. Yesterday, I receive a notice that my policy will be cancelled as of the 16th, yet in the same batch of mail is my renewal notice, dated two days later.

Will I be renewing? No way. I don't know what happened, but Progressive isn't the same company I have been dealing with for the last three years. Now, the right hand doesn't seem to have a clue what the lt hand is doing.