Complaint Review: Progressive Auto Insurance

Progressive Auto Insurance

Progressive Auto Insurance Beware of Progressive!!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Progressive is THE BEST insurance

*Consumer Comment: What?

I've been a VERY unsatisfied customer of Progressive since 2009.  They have increased my policy without explanation; I renew the policy every 6 months, and my policy went up over $100.00 in 6 months.  I've never had any claims, accidents,etc.  I have liability insurance on my vehicle only; it's a 2000 Plymouth Neon.  Anyway, I received an email from Progressive on 9/20/10, stating that my policy was going to be over $900.00 for 6 months.  I was suprised, to say the least.  I called Progressive looking for an explanation for the rate increase, and the canned/scripted response I received from the CSR was that Progressive had an increase in claims from Minnesota (where I live) so Progressive had to "adjust" their rates, meaning that all the Progressive customers in Minnesota had their rates increased, regardless if the policy holder had ever filed a claim or not.  When I asked why the policy holders weren't notified of this increase, I was told that Progressive was "in the process" of letting their customers in Minnesota know about the increase in their policy rates.  Perhaps Progressive should spend less of their budget on advertising, and more money on notifying the customers of an increase in their policies.  I would NEVER recommend Progressive to anyone!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2010 03:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-Auto-Insurance/internet/Progressive-Auto-Insurance-Beware-of-Progressive-Internet-643346. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive Auto Insurance

Progressive is THE BEST insurance

AUTHOR: Daniele - (United States of America)

PROGRESSIVE IS THE BEST insurance that I ever had ! I've been a client of progressive for 4 months only and my new kia sorrento got crashed while parked in front of my house ! The guy who crashed my car, BBQ and a elliptical machine has farmer's insurance, they absolutely are trying not to pay and yet I am 100% free of fault ! Progressive stepped in and is paying more than $8,000.00 in damages on my car and calls me every week to update me in the status of my car. My rates did not go up ! and I switching the others 2 cars to progressive !!! I have no idea who wrote this first report ! PROGRESSIVE IS THE BEST !! I already had 3 friends who has farmer's and is switching to progressive . They solved and supported me during all the claim process:-)

What?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You got an e-mail that said your rate was going to increase, so you called and one of your complaints that you didn't get notified...Ummm I will just let you think about that one for a while.

But if you don't like the rates they are charging..then find another company.  Because if you don't like the rates and still stay, the only RipOff is the one you are doing to yourself.