Complaint Review: Progressive Automation

Progressive Automation
11388 Steveston Hwy Richmond, British Columbia Canada

Progressive Automation Credit Card Currency Fraud Richmond British Columbia

*Author of original report: Resolved

I ordered some parts from Progressive Automations in Richmond, BC, Canada and received a quotation and invoice for $353.24.  When I checked my credit card bill, I was billed for $393.02.  The company refuses to correct the mistake.

Both myself and the company I'm doing business with are located from Canada and the product shipped from a Canadian warehouse.  Generally, when people do business in Canada it is done in Canadian currency as that is the legal tender in Canada.  For whatever reason, Progressive Automation has chosen to bill it's Canadian customers in US funds but to not tell them about that.

It did not say the order was in US funds anywhere during the online checkout process.  I checked the address of the company and chose to do business with a Canadian company to avoid additional duty and currency exchange costs.  If I had known this company was pricing it's products in US funds I would have purchased from a different supplier.

I have several Canadian suppliers for various parts and supplies for my business and have never heard of a Canadian supplier ever billing a Canadian company in US funds.

I've made several attempts to get my money refunded but the company refuses to do so.  My only option is to cancel payment on the product and refuse delivery.  I would suggest that other people looking for actuators find a more reputable company than Progressive Automations.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2014 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-Automation/Richmond-British-Columbia-V7A-5J5/Progressive-Automation-Credit-Card-Currency-Fraud-Richmond-British-Columbia-1166717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive Automation

Resolved

AUTHOR: Bond - ()

After numerous emails and threats and the publication of this on ripoff report, the company has agreed to refund the difference.  Thanks ripoff report!