Complaint Review: Progressive Business Publication

Progressive Business Publication
370 Technology Drive Internet United States of America

Progressive Business Publication Scam, rip off, illegal Irvine, California

*UPDATE Employee: Response from PBP Customer Service

Ordinarily I would not be compelled to write a report, because I understand how business works. I wouldn't even call this scam a bait and switch, because there was no bait. I received a phone call years ago from Progressive Business Publications, who insisted they send me a free newsletter. It was one of those cold calls where the person doesn't explain the terms and conditions of anything.

Now they sent us to collections because they said we never cancelled the subscription. It doesn't surprise me that there are so many negative reviews of this company, which is pretty much the epitome of what is wrong with American business. They are the reason for our economy, and should be forced out of business due to unfair business practices. If this is the way they do business, I'm not sure what anyone can learn from their publications other than how to swindle business and represent themselves as the scum of the earth.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2012 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-Business-Publication/internet/Progressive-Business-Publication-Scam-rip-off-illegal-Irvine-California-866549. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive Business Publication

Response from PBP Customer Service

AUTHOR: Matt Jackson - (United States of America)

Calvin,

Im sorry to hear youve had a bad experience with us.  We work hard to ensure that doesnt happen.  We take quality serious and use very strict quality control measures.   As a result, our sales team is extensively monitored to ensure every order is valid and legitimate.

Our trial subscriptions are free with the right of cancellation.  Many find the newsletters help them do their jobs better.  We understand theyre not for everyone though, and if thats the case, we ask you to write cancel on the invoice and drop it in the mail, no questions asked.

Im more than happy to talk to you directly by either email or phone. If youd like, I can look into this and see if I can help.  Contact me with your name, company, address, and the name of the publication.  Again I apologize for your experience.  Feel free to reach out to me at any point in the future if I can be helpful.

Matt Jackson