Complaint Review: Progressive Business Publications and International Credit Recovery

• Submitted: Wed, May 30, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, July 17, 2012

• Reported By: Courtney — Huntsville Alabama United States of America
Progressive Business Publications and International Credit Recovery
370 Technology Drive Internet United States of America

Progressive Business Publications and International Credit Recovery fraudulent, threatening, intimidating practices, misrepresentation Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Response from PBP Customer Service

Progressive Business Publications has targeted the Alzheimer's Association for alleged subscription services. They called me and my coworker a liar. They stated we agreed to a magazine that we have no record of accepting.

PCP pressured me into paying $104 from my own credit card to settle the "dispute" while threatening to turn it over to their collection agency, International Credit Recovery, if it was not paid at that moment.

PCP then said they would terminate a secondary account listed under my coworker in the same office. Just now, ICR called threatening to turn my coworker over to the credit agencies. Again, PCP's agent named Amanda called my coworker a liar.

We have never agreed to any of this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2012 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-Business-Publications-and-International-Credit-Recovery/internet/Progressive-Business-Publications-and-International-Credit-Recovery-fraudulent-threateni-890642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive Business Publications and International Credit Recovery

Response from PBP Customer Service

AUTHOR: Matt Jackson - (United States of America)

Courtney,

Im sorry to hear youve had a bad experience with us.  We work hard to ensure that doesnt happen.  I also apologize for not responding to your post sooner.  We take quality serious and use very strict quality control measures.  As a result, our sales team is extensively monitored to ensure every order is valid and legitimate.

Customer service is very important to us, and I apologize for the rude behavior you received by our representative.  What you described is unacceptable to us and I will make sure our team receives your feedback.  We regret any inconvenience or frustration caused by this.

Our trial subscriptions are free with the right of cancellation.  Many find the newsletters help them do their jobs better.  We understand theyre not for everyone though, and if thats the case, we ask you to write cancel on the invoice and drop it in the mail, no questions asked.

Im more than happy to talk to you directly by either email or phone. If youd like, I can look into this and see if I can help.  Contact me with your name, company, address, and the name of the publication.  Again I apologize for your experience.

Matt Jackson