Complaint Review: Progressive Direct Insurance Co.

• Submitted: Wed, June 08, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, June 22, 2011

• Reported By: Aloha — Bowling Green Kentucky U.S.A.
Progressive Direct Insurance Co.
Tampa, Florida United States of America

Progressive Direct Insurance Co. Progressive Insurance added $983.00 to my premium just because they did not receive my prior insurance declaration page Tampa, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: So...........

I just got my insurance from Progressive Direct in April.  I was quoted $346 a month for 6 months.  I chose to have it debited on my checking account every month.  The first month payment went fine. On the second month, instead of debiting $346, they took off $486 from my account which made me go over. My bank paid it but charged me $30 + $4 everyday since I did not have enough money on my bank at that time but I had the $346 ready for them to withdraw. When I called them, they found out that they made a mistake so since they cannot return the extra money that they have taken, I was told that the following month's payment would be less and it was $283 because I will be credited for the error they did.  Well, on my June 2nd payment, I deposited money in my account to cover the $283.  When I checked my bank account on the 6th of June, Progressive Direct was taking out $683 from my account.  Obviously, I did not have enough so the bank charged me $30.00 for insufficient funds.  I called them and I was told that they added $980+ to my premium for failing to send them my prior insurance declaration page.  I told them that I have emailed it to the person who gave me the quote and I still have the email.  The representative told me that if I resend them by fax the declaration page the next day, she will reverse and take the $980+ that was added to my premium.  I have faxed the declaration page as I promised and upon checking my bank again, they tried to run the $683 again in my bank and since I did not have the money there, it charged me another $30.  When I called, I was asked to wait for more than 20 minutes till I got tired and hung up.  I was so frustrated, I went to my bank explained the situation and I was told to put a stop payment on all their future authorized payments.  To top all these, I had to pay the bank $25 to put a stop payment on all unauthorized payments from Progressive Direct.  This is a very frustrating situation and I had never encountered an insurance company adding almost a thousand dollars towards your premium just because of a non-receipt of a declaration page.  So due to this, Progressive caused me loose $85+ in fees due to their greediness.  Progressive management should do something about this before people stop getting insurance from you!!!!!!  Progressive Direct is a true TOTAL RIP-OFF COMPANY!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2011 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-Direct-Insurance-Co/Tampa-Florida-33631/Progressive-Direct-Insurance-Co-Progressive-Insurance-added-98300-to-my-premium-just-be-738427. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive Direct Insurance Co.

So...........

AUTHOR: Mike from mesa - (U.S.A.)

So let me make sure I have this right......
You started a policy indicating you had prior insurance with another insurance company
progressive raised your rate because you didn't send in the verification and it's a ripoff???
No....check your mail and look at your email you would be suprised at the you will see as i'm pretty sure you were notified and all the things that happened to you.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC