Complaint Review: Progressive Direct

• Updated: Wed, November 23, 2011

• Reported By: TOMaxwell — West Palm Beach Florida USA
Progressive Direct
6300 Wilson Mills Rd Mayfield Village, Ohio United States of America

Progressive Direct State-Mandated Auto Policy Cancelled With Phony Reason Mayfield Village, Ohio

I obtained a quote from Progressive Direct online ("The Company") on June 2, 2011, and paid for the policy IN FULL ($303.90) on June 9, for State-Mandated Personal Injury Protection (PIP) to commence on July 5, 2011.

On August 3, The Company sent me a Cancellation Notice. Reason: They needed a copy of my Driver License to keep the policy active.

Because my printer/scanner was not in service at that time, I went to a local office of Progressive Insurance (an Affiliate of The Company), and they agreed to make a copy for me, free of charge, and FAX it to The Company, on August 10, 2011 at 03:23 PM, according to the FAX Transaction Report that proved delivery of the document.

On September 19, 2011, the policy was cancelled, even though I had met the requirements of the Deficiency. The reason this time was because the FAX they received was "not clear enough or too dark". However, it would have been perfectly sufficient for the Affiliate, since it was made using their copy and FAX machine. [continued below]....
..... The Company never notified me that my fulfillment was unsatisfactory.

The Real Reason they cancelled me was because they gave me a quote that was too low for the Underwriters to accept (I saved nearly $150, from my former insurance company). When obtaining the quote, I fully disclosed that my credit was probably not very good. As it turns out, my credit score was much higher than I had thought.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2011 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-Direct/Mayfield-Village-Ohio-44143/Progressive-Direct-State-Mandated-Auto-Policy-Cancelled-With-Phony-Reason-Mayfield-Villag-801263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive Direct