Complaint Review: Progressive Insurance Claims Dept

• Updated: Wed, January 22, 2014

• Reported By: Louis D — Columbus Ohio
Progressive Insurance Claims Dept
3208 Morse Road Suite 100 Columbus, Ohio USA

Progressive Insurance Claims Dept Told me to have work done to my car and now refuse to pay for it Columbus Ohio

*General Comment: A fix

I was involved in an auto accident where the hit and run driver left the scene.  The accident occurred in May of 2012 and have been receiving low estimates from the insurance company.  They tell me to have a car towed to my the auto repair shop and they will not come to see the vehicle.  They told me to have the car taken apart so they could see the additional estimates, and refused to pay for the work completed.  Their estimate is $3000 lesst than the garage and refuse to pay for the tow, the breakdown of the vehicle and the estimate that the dealership who recommended the body shop recommended me to.

I have had to get insurance on another vehicle to drive and continue to pay for on insurance on a vehicle that can not be repaired by the low ball estimate provided by progessive insurance adjustors.  They are unwilling to pay for the tow, work they ordered, and the fair estimate given by the body shop.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2014 08:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-Insurance-Claims-Dept/Columbus-Ohio-43231/Progressive-Insurance-Claims-Dept-Told-me-to-have-work-done-to-my-car-and-now-refuse-to-p-1117554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive Insurance Claims Dept

#1 General Comment

A fix

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

There is a shortage and it IS YOUR problem. Its the JOY of living in a capitolistic society. The less there is available, the more you pay. I would suggest that you go and BUY a few forced air heaters. I have found that even one of those can help to warm the house up so you arent blowing through your propane as fast. My family took a few mins and we sat down and mapped out what rooms we used the most overall. We then purchased a pair of forced air heaters. We placed them in the rooms we spent the most time in.

Yes the heaters raised our electric bill but only a small amount. We were able to shave almost $300.00 on our total utility bills by doing this. A few other suggestions would be to put on socks, open the curtains when the sun is out, thats FREE heat. Use the heat that you build up in the kitchen to help warm the house. A box fan works well to push the air around and warm the house.

I picked up my heaters at walmart for $20 each. Might be a way you can keep more propane and stick it to them until prices drop a bit.