Complaint Review: Progressive Insurance Company

• Updated: Fri, January 03, 2014

• Reported By: Shamilla — Eden Prairie Minnesota
Progressive Insurance Company
6300 Wilson Mills Road Mayfield Village, Ohio USA

Progressive Insurance Company Despite 4 Surgeries Resulting From My Auto Accident, Progressive Has Refused To Settle My Claim Mayfield Village Ohio

*Consumer Comment: I hate insurance companies and lawyers the lawyers work for the scumbag insurance companies one thing do not sign the release until you have a lawyer even though they all suck

*Consumer Comment: Shamilla,

*General Comment: Understanding insurance

Progressive Insurance has frustrated me so much so far. I got rear ended in 2009, leading to numerous problems with my back, neck and a nasal septum deviation. Before the accident, I did not have a history of nosebleeds or deviated septum. The result has been constant nose run with clear discharge, sinus infections and numerous non-stoppable nasal bleeds. All this started after the accident and all the people can bear witness that I did not have prior history of nose bleeds or septum deviation.

Fortunately, the septum deviation has recently been corrected through nasal surgery in August 2013. However, Progressive Insurance Company has refused to pay the medical cost and my pain and sufferings. My efforts to resolve the issue has been met with retrogression, intimidation, patronizing and humiliation.

Initially, I had a lawyer but realized that my case was not being adequately represented. [continued below]....

..... So far, all they have offered me is less than 25% of my medical cost and when I refused the offer, I was labeled “an angry woman, out to take down Progressive Insurance”, I would like to use my story to bring awareness and hopefully pressure on Progressive Insurance. I have suffered from this constant nose bleed from August 2009 to date, have undergone 4 cauterizations with no end in sight. I have been fortunate to find another lawyer who has been trying to settle the case with Progressive Insurance, but they are not returning any of his calls or emails. Progressive lawyers had told me I would lose everything and end up with less than 1,000 dollars when they were done with me. Help me to take a stand against Progressive Insurance Company. Help me tell them that they cannot harass, manipulate, and prey on innocent injured people merely seeking remedy for their sufferings. Contact: Ms. Shamilla Amulega  at shamulega@gmail.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2014 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-Insurance-Company/Mayfield-Village-Ohio-44143/Progressive-Insurance-Company-Despite-4-Surgeries-Resulting-From-My-Auto-Accident-Progre-1112577. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive Insurance Company

The judge in my case when I had a wreck back in 2003. The judge was friends with the person who hit me, they backed out of they're drive way and didn't bother to look back and hitting me. They was trying to say I hit them and ignored them backing out.

Well they're car was fine my was totaled.  sometimes I think I have the worst of bad luck. It took until 09/2005 to get this settle we took them to court only to be insulted by they're A-******lawyer. The adjusters boss had already said it was their insures fault but he didn't seem to like that decision. The adjuster was going to blame me regardless because he didn't like me.   We almost had enough of how progressive lawyer was talking down to us and insulting us we almost walked out. We told the judge that the adjuster manager already said it was they're insured fault. We was suing to make progressive pay the rest of the balance & our finance company was holding us responsible for the money.

The judge told us a month before that he was friends with progressive insured. When we got there they was already talking to the judge which was unfair to us. That is how bad progressive is I really hated that adjuster the reason why he hated us,  was because we out smarted him and didn't take any of his BS!.  I still won at the end I had to get a new car from the nearly $4,000 they gave me as a down payment.  Progressive was going to leave me without a car, even though they did provide a rental but that wasn't going to last forever. We had to use the money for a down payment to get a new car.

Our finance company did agree to settle for less then the amount owed. And we got progressive to settle that very day even after they dirty deed they're lawyer and the judge pulled, but we still had to pay $1500 which still ticks me off progressive should had to pay every singe dollar to our finance company. I was forced to sign a release saying we couldn't go back to sue.

This is a very big warning to not sign the release without having a good lawyer.  Because if you still have problems later on you can't go back to sue them, this is a trick that put on victims to sign this is another thing why I hate insurance companies. They don't care how they're insured ruined somebodys life yet they insult them with only pennies of a settlement. So what ever you do don't sign that release because they got you then. The finance company settle for $5,5000 from nearly $16,000 which was late fees and interest.

I was glad to get rid of the bumhole progressive insurance so we paid the $1500 along with they're $4,000 check.

Shamilla,

AUTHOR: Karl - ()

I believe that exposing your Ripoff Report on the worldwide web was a good idea. A Harvard Business Professor told his class of executives in late 2004 that exposure is a corporation's worst fear. You can type in 269041 at this site and scroll down to the consumer comment entitled "Blame it on a Lawyer" at Ripoff Report #269041 and read more of what the good professor said to his class of executives in late 2004.

Good luck to you, and make sure to expose your Ripoff Report all over the worldwide web at sites like Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Facebook every day!

#3 General Comment

Understanding insurance

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Your problem is easy to help solve. You see how insurance works is whats causing your trouble. When a customer purchases auto insurance, unless they PAY for the super package that covers EVERYTHING you will only get the amount the customer paid for. If say they only had liability, then you would get the maximum amount that THEY paid for. Where it would be nice to think that you can get every bit of all of your bills paid for by the insurance company, the reality is they are ONLY liable for however much their customer paid for. Anything PAST that amount then you have to take the driver to court and sue them PERSONALLY.

You have a lawyer, this is all information MY lawyer gave me when we first met. I dont understand why YOUR lawyer did not inform you of the limitations of insurance. If say you got injured at work, they would have to pay 100% of your medical bills. Thats a different type of insurance. Thats normally a form of bond. But auto insurance is purchased in BLOCKS. You can see it on your own insurance paperwork. Not the piece you keep in your car, but the ACTUAL paperwork that describes liability. You normally recieve this once or twice a year. This paperwork spells out EXACTLY how much THEY will pay a victim in a accident YOU cause. Normal liability is roughly 15k-30k. Which means ONLY 15k-30k will be paid out to you.

I know how frustrating and life wrecking a accident can be. I feel your pain. But, the insurance company has not ripped you off or scammed you. They are doing exactly as they are supposed to. Even your own lawyer will tell you that after the insurance company has paid what is theirs to pay legally, you have to go after the driver that caused the accidents assets.

Good Luck in your fight. Get better soon. AND DONT LET LIFE GET YOU DOWN!!!

sympathetic