Complaint Review: Progressive Insurance

• Updated: Sat, July 30, 2011

• Reported By: hopethisis4u — Pigeon Forge Tennessee United States of America
Progressive Insurance
6300 Wilson Mills RD Mayfield Heights, Ohio United States of America

Progressive Insurance Progressive Insurance Is A Bad Company To Do Business With Mayfield Heights, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Progressive Scams Consumers

DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH PROGRESSIVE INSURANCE AND HERE IS WHY:I was rear ended. I have a 2010 Honda Pilot. Progressive was the insurance company of the person who hit me. It tore up my bumper, and even put a 2 inch hole in it. Progressive talks a good talk, but when it came to fixing the bumper, their person, who writes the estimate said, " WE WILL NOT REPLACE THE BUMPER, BUT WE WILL REPAIR IT" . I said no you won't, that my car is a 2010, and I am not riding around with a fixed bumper, and they will replace it. Not only did they say no, but I was also told that they order after market supplies for the rest of the car. I told them I would file a claim with my insurance company, which is Hartford. Hartford told me they will replace the bumper and all parts, and they will all be Honda genuine factory parts. [continued below]....
..... I was told by 3 body shops that the bumper had to be replaced. All 3 body shops also told me Progressive insurance treats everyone this bad and they don't like dealing with Progressive. Don't be fooled by their commercials. They are the worse to deal with when it comes to claims. Hartford told me that Progressive agreed to pay them back for my repairs. I should have never had to gone through this. I am also filing a complaint with the BBB. Now, This accident happened August 19th, 2010 and today is September 7th, 2010, and I finally got a rental car today. Wow, 3 weeks later. Now I call Progressive back today and they tell me they will not pay my loss income. I am filing a complaint with the Tennessee Insurance Commission, and looks like I will have to file in court. Make sure before you buy car insurance, you know what kind of company your dealing with!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2010 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-Insurance/Mayfield-Heights-Ohio-44143/Progressive-Insurance-Progressive-Insurance-Is-A-Bad-Company-To-Do-Business-With-Mayfield-638396. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive Insurance

Progressive Scams Consumers

AUTHOR: Phillip - (U.S.A.)

I was in a crash and Progressive would not pay to repair my car or pay the towing charges unless I agreed to settle on their first offer. My lawyer called Progressive and ripped the claims guy a new orifice.

I was offered Junk Price for a running car! the other party was insured by Progressive and cited for causing the accident. Dealing with Progressive Claims is about as much fun as a Root Canal.

It has been almost a year since I was in a (Progressive covered) accident and Progressive has not wrote me a check for any expenses and I still do not have a car that will pass the mandated inspection to keep the license plate valid.

Now, I have no car and medical bills in addition to being unable to work for two months as a condition of the accident I was in.

DROP PROGRESSIVE