Complaint Review: Progressive Insurance

• Updated: Fri, November 09, 2012

• Reported By: exkursionist — Gresham Oregon United States of America
Progressive Insurance
6300 Wilson Mills Road Mayfield Village, Ohio United States of America

Progressive Insurance Progressive, Progressive Auto Insurance $30 Cancellation Fee on a $168 Policy Mayfield Village, Ohio

In May 2012, I signed up with Progressive for my motorcycle policy.  I paid in full at that time.  I then paid an additional amount when I moved.  In total, the policy cost me $168.  In November 2012, I switched to a cheaper policy, same coverages, but $75 less per year.  When I contacted Progressive to cancel my policy and get my refund, they charged me a $30 cancellation fee.  So, rather than receiving $84, I'm getting $54 back.  This is a ridiculous amount of money to pay for them having done NOTHING.  I'm so mad that they would even be allowed to do this; it's unethical.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2012 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-Insurance/Mayfield-Village-Ohio-44143/Progressive-Insurance-Progressive-Progressive-Auto-Insurance-30-Cancellation-Fee-on-a-1-966939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive Insurance