Complaint Review: Progressive Insurance

• Updated: Mon, July 16, 2012

• Reported By:Woodbridge Virginia
Progressive Insurance
Lorton Virginia Woodbridge, Virginia United States of America

Progressive Insurance ripoffs with car repair and their so called network of shops and failing to uphold their policy Woodbridge Lorton Virginia Virginia

Driving home Friday, and living in the Washington, D.C. metro area, where we go from winter to a week of spring, right into summer and the humidity, I turned on my a.c. Didin't work at all.

Now it being the beginning of the weekend, and like alot of folks, Saturday, for us working fools, is the time to get things done before Monday comes again, and it's back to the j.o.b.

I dropped by my regular mechanic's shop, to have the a.c. looked at.

Huge job, and it takes awhile. So I went home. Walked home actually. About 2 hours later, I walk back to the shop. First thing the mechanic asks me, is if the car had been in an accident. Yes I answer. And Progressive had my car repairs done at KandW in Woodbridge. This was an accident that caused alot of damage to the front end. Radiator, and all.

Seems KandW, put some after market parts in the car, which, was done half assed. My mechanic saud that I would need to replace the a.c. condensor, and the hose. Seems the KandW mechanic, forced the hose, and stripped all threads on the condensor.

So, I called Progressive on A Saturday, and stated my case. A manager was supposed to have called me first thing Monday morning. Today. Call never came. So I was on the phone for over 90 minutes, being bounced from one jackass to another. They need some serious customer service training there, but I digress.

I asked if they would honor the repair policy, and pay for the repairs. No they say, I have to bring it to the shop, that the work the first time, and done COMPLETELY WRONG at that time. What makes you think Progressive, that I want to bring my car back to a shop, that doesn't KNOW WHAT THE F*** THEY'RE DOING? And this from experience. Not the first time I've had to bring a car back THE NEXT DAY, because they had failed to fix it the first time? After you took my deduction? And cashed? I do believe, I should have the choice, to bring MY CAR, to a mechanic THAT I TRUST, and honors all repairs? In short, I was f***ed by Progressive, in that they do not abide by their own d**n repair policy. Meanwhile, I pay an astronomical monthly premium. A $500.00 deductible, when I have my car repaired, and they f*** it up time after time after time.

See, my mechanic, had already replaced the a.c. condensor, by VW, and had to wait til today to get the replacement hose by VW. They know, and have told me, the after market parts ARE THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM!!!! They will also allow me to hold on to the old parts. Me thinks, after being f***ed by progressive, is to f*** them back where it counts. Their wallets, and the end of my policy!!!!

Kevin Woodbridge, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2004 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-Insurance/Woodbridge-Virginia-22191/Progressive-Insurance-ripoffs-with-car-repair-and-their-so-called-network-of-shops-and-fai-90832. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive Insurance