Complaint Review: Progressive Insurance

• Submitted: Sat, December 29, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, December 29, 2012

• Reported By: Sheila — Fountain Hills Arizona United States of America
Progressive Insurance

Progressive Insurance Progressive Adevanced Insurance Co untrained staff, phone calls and e-mails not returned Internet

My truck, insured by Progressive for 12 consecutive years, was damaged by a driver who was too busy using his cell phone to realize he was going to hit two vehicles, including mine.  Dealing with Progressive is a nightmare.  Obviously, Progressive would not be "paying" for any damages, as this rests with the at-fault driver's insurance.

I was given misinformation by Progressive's representative repeatedly.  Fortunately, most of the calls I had with her were from my company's phone system whereby all calls are recorded, and I can easily access recorded calls.  The information I was given was so distorted that I was beginning to think I misunderstood. When I reviewed the calls, it was very apparent my case was assigned to a representative who had no idea what she was doing. . . from claiming to schedule appointments (two) with an adjuster when they weren't; to "declaring" on her own that my vehicle was totaled when she hadn't seen the vehicle or even seen pictures of the damage; to misinformaton about how long I could keep a rental vehicle.  I am still waiting for her to answer an e-mail from five days ago.

The "medical claims representative" (a different person) called me once and left a message.  Since then, I have returned her call twice and have e-mailed her twice.  Still no response. Can you imagine how I would be treated if this was a claim Progressive had to pay!  Stay away from this company; they won't come through for you if you ever need them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2012 02:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-Insurance/internet/Progressive-Insurance-Progressive-Adevanced-Insurance-Co-untrained-staff-phone-calls-and-988653. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive Insurance