Complaint Review: Progressive Insurance

• Reported By: ankit123 — Torrance California United States of America
Progressive Insurance
14140 Ventura Blvd., Suite 300 Internet United States of America

Progressive Insurance Progressive Reps not Professional Internet

*Consumer Comment: I hope I don't get hit again from somebody who has progressive insurance they will put you threw hell and find someway to put you at fault Its also worse when their insured Is friends with the judge

*Consumer Comment: Yes progressive insurance Is a joke along with their smart mouth adjuster and ugly smart mouth lawyers I feel alot better I got they of my chest hope I don't get hit with someone who has progressive

*Consumer Comment: Progressive Insurance is a JOKE!

*Consumer Comment: Details?

I provided Progressive insurance company all the details of my claim. They juggled me with different reps.And, at the end did not pay me the claim amount. Very unprofessional reps. Dont go with progressive.

They Provided the estimate and told me to give the car to the Body shop whichever I select or Progressive approved. I took my car to the Body Shop and their claims rep came and inspected the car and said everything is good and they will release the payment to the car Body shop directly. Once the job was completed, they called me and said they are investigating and will not release the payment.I paid the money out of pocket. I called them for 3 months and they juggled me with different reps and in the end did not gave the money. I would not recommedn Progressive to new customers

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2011 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-Insurance/internet/Progressive-Insurance-Progressive-Reps-not-Professional-Internet-730416. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive Insurance

I hope I don't get hit again from somebody who has progressive insurance.  They will put you threw hell and find someway to put you at fault Its also worse when their insured Is friends with the judge.  That Is "Conflict Of Interest".
Yes progressive insurance Is a joke alone with their smart mouth adjuster and ugly smart mouth lawyers I feel alot better I got they of my chest hope I don't get hit  with someone who has progressive.  They put me threw 2 years of h**l.

They did put their insured at fault.  But they still fought  us for 2 years after the accident.  My finance company arcadia settled for $6,000 from almost $17,000 due to late fees & interested.  This was 08/2005.

Progressive has emotionally messed with me.  But stupid people still get their stupid insurance.

Progressive Insurance is a JOKE!

AUTHOR: Phillip - (U.S.A.)

My experience with Progressive is a nightmare, first they tried to trick me into accepting $500 for my 'inconvenience' of getting into a car wreck with someone insured by Progressive.

Next, the claims agent with Progressive tried to dispose of my vehicle after it was towed. Progressive kept giving me excuses they would tow my vehicle to my house the next day, this went on for several days. After five days, my towing bill was like $400 and Progressive said if I pay the charges I would be reimbursed; my attorney said it is a tactic and Progressive would never pay that bill.

These are the towing charges: $125 to haul the car across the street and $25 for each day it was in impound. The tow company (Hamptons Body Shop) would not allow another towing company to hook it up until Progressive paid the towing charges.

The Progressive claims adjusted deemed the car a total loss by their standards. The tow company (Hamptons) wanted to keep my vehicle because it is in excellent mechanical condition [new engine, transmission, radiator, A/C, suspension, etc].

My advise to anyone who reads this report:

• Get a lawyer without delay, do not make any statements to the claims department, they record your call to dispute your claim.

• When I informed Progressive I was getting a lawyer, the guy with Progressive became irritated and his voice sounded nervous and worried.

• DO NOT accept the initial offer made by progressive, it is 'Chump Change' compared to medical costs, permanent impairment, property damage and/or replacement cost.

I was offered $700 for my vehicle, towing was over $400 and the numbers quoted to me by Progressive did not add up. Progressive said if I took their low ball offer they would tow the car anywhere I wanted. Progressive did not inform me they would deduct those charges from my settlement. Just another lie by their claims agent to close the claim quickly and very cheap.

I am seeking replacement cost of a similar vehicle, I will not accept a junker to replace a good running car. My car gets 35-40 MPG all the time and has never broke down outside of normal maintenance (tires, brakes, tune-up, oil change, etc.). My research indicates it will take at least $2,000.00 (closer to $3,000) to replace this vehicle with one of similar type and condition.

My medical claim is the same situation, Progressive will not pay for my emotional distress associated with this accident or pain and suffering. I was unable to work for more than six weeks due to the side impact in this crash and how it affected my spine. I am a Heavy Equipment Mechanic, I am still having back problems from this auto accident and Progressive is still jerking me off with their low ball offers'.

PROGRESSIVE makes me SICK!

Details?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Your report told us nothing except that they investigated and denied the claim.

You didn't once mention how it happened.  So was it an accident or some other type of "claim".  If it was an accident who was at fault?  What is the reason they are denying your claim?