Complaint Review: Progressive Insurance

• Updated: Sat, December 29, 2012

• Reported By: dani — marlton United States of America
Progressive Insurance
6300 Wilson Mills Road mayfield village, Ohio United States of America

Progressive Insurance Progressive Insurance Lied to Us. False mayfield village, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Typical of Progressive

*UPDATE Employee: Question?

My car was hit on Nov 22 while it was parked. I notified the authorities and Progressive Insurance. On Nov 29  I received a call from a progressive adjuster advising that my car was a "total loss" and that I would receive a "pay off" amount. I was further advised that once I received a payoff amt that I would have 72 hrs before Progressive would no longer pay for the rental car. About two hours later I received a call from someone in Progressive Insurance Investigations. I was told that my accident was under investigation. I was asked if I wanted  to change my story about my car being parked during accident. I was further insulted when the investigator suggested that my husband was driving drunk during accident and that if my husband just admitted to being drunk that Progressive would still cover the cost of the vehicle. I tried unsuccesfullly for 4 days to reach the investigator. On dec 4 the investigator finally returned my calls only to CHANGE what I was told previously in that now since  my claim is under investigation that I was now responsible for the payment of my rental car and that my "investigation" could take weeks or months. I asked for his supervisor,  I was told that he was on "vacation" and that no one else could help me. I've done everything that was asked of me. Quite frankly I'm being treated very unfairly. Neither me nor my husband consume alcoholic bevarages and we do not appreciate being accused of such.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2012 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-Insurance/mayfield-village-Ohio-44143/Progressive-Insurance-Progressive-Insurance-Lied-to-Us-False-mayfield-village-Ohio-977795. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive Insurance

Typical of Progressive

AUTHOR: Sheila - (United States of America)

I experienced Progressive's poorly trained claims service center's inability to provide accurate information as well. Nothing in this person's report surprises me. In fact, it sounds typical of what I recently experienced. Statements are made by Progressive's manipulative staff members and then denied. Staff is not credible and has no sense of urgency in assisting its customers. . . the ones paying their salaries.

At least this consumer was told he/she had 72 hours more with a rental car. I was told my rental benefits would cease immediately upon accepting a check for damages to my vehicle. By the way, the accident was the other driver's fault and initially Progressive would pay, but ultimately receive reimbursement from Geico (the other driver's insurance company).

I hope this situation got resolved for the consumer.

Question?

AUTHOR: Mike from mesa - (U.S.A.)

Something does not make sense. Progressive is not for the fun of it going to create a story about your husband driving drunk just at the same time tell you that no matter what they will pay the claim. What on earth could have possibly gave them an idea that someone was driving drunk? Something is missing.