Complaint Review: Progressive Insurance

• Reported By: RobertR — Portland Oregon
Progressive Insurance
Nationwide USA

Progressive Insurance SnapShot Program Scam Nationwide

I was also a victim of Progressive's Snapshot program. After the 30 day trial period, I was offered a discount of 12%, far from the "up to 30%" that was possible. I reviewed my driving behavior on Progressive's website and they seemed to count way too many "hard brakes" - during situations when none occurred to the best of my knowledge. I was expecting to hear the sound notification and it rarely happened. The hard brake "alarm" went off about once per month - almost non-existent warnings compared to the dozens of hard brakes the device said that I was racking up. The device actually changed my driving behavior - for the worse. I found myself running yellow lights, taking longer to stop (and once even veering onto the shoulder to allow my car to stop slower to avoid a hard brake), etc.

I never, ever would have done these things before. It's like a game and is incredibly dangerous. If Progressive is doing to make this device available, it needs to disclose something to the effect that "your driving behavior may change while using this device - pay extra attention to any behavior modifications and adjust accordingly" or something like that. And they need to fix the hard brake alarm. It rarely sounds and I also think it's adding in extra hard stops when none took place. I don't trust it. And furthermore, I went back to my old insurance company at a rate $30 cheaper than what Progressive charged - an instant savings of 7% without playing the silly game of the driving behavior monitor. Exact same coverages so it was absolutely apples to apples. Bad Progressive! I love Flo tho.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2014 11:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-Insurance/nationwide/Progressive-Insurance-SnapShot-Program-Scam-Nationwide-1157272. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive Insurance