Complaint Review: Progressive Insurance

• Reported By: NOVA — GLADEWATER Texas
Progressive Insurance
Nationwide USA

Progressive Insurance Snapshot Scam Nationwide

I am a snapshot sucker. My husband and I both participated in the snapshot program for the full time they required of us. While the beeping of the device could probably cause someone that is normally a very calm person to exhibit some serious road rage, there wasn't much to it. It is not really a good indicator of peoples driving habits, as there were plenty of times that it went off for completely normal and "good" driving behavior. It at times would force one to make dangerous decisions like do I make the light or do I try to stop? What I would call dangerous behaviors like running lights and causing traffic to be slower than what is the posted speed limit, which is also very dangerous, are not indicators of good driving habits at all. Not to mention the device doesn't know what the rest of the traffic is like around you. The snapshot device ONLY monitors time and speed and that is it. If you stop at a rate of more that 7 miles per hour per second, you are "hard breaking" and it counts each second that you are stopping at that rate as 1 hard break. I actually didn't have any problem with the program itself until I completed it. We "locked in" our discount which was pretty good, as I'm an every penny counts kind of person, and then we returned the devices. Then our next policy renewal came in the mail just 1 week later, and imagine my suprise when my rates are a great deal more than the previous period AND THAT INCLUDED MY SNAPSHOT GOUGE, I mean discount. Of course, I apparently had these other discounts on the previous period that magically expired, which they couldn't explain very well nor did they explain to begin with that they expired. So conveniently at the same time that I get my snapshot discount, the other discounts end and not only do I not see the benefit of the snapshot discount, but my bill is actually $45 dollars more a month than it was to begin with. Way to scam me Progressive you are very clever with this... oh and didn't they promise me that they would not raise my rates ever because of the snapshot device... I think that is a load of poo and they found a way around that, but that is of course just my opinion and experience with them. I would most definately tell people that yes you see a discount "initially" but then they gouge you as soon as they can raise your rates without breaking their claim that they won't raise your rates with the device. Don't fall for it...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2014 06:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-Insurance/nationwide/Progressive-Insurance-Snapshot-Scam-Nationwide-1161167. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive Insurance