I was warned but did not listen. I have also contacted the BBB. Please be careful. Read all of below:
Retired military and now Army DOD Civilian relocating from San Antonio, TX to Huntsville, AL Progressive JOB No: A8482565 NOTE: Consumer has copies of ALL quotes and email correspondence with business.
- I began obtaining quotes from various moving companies early November.
- Progressive Relocations November 2, 2012 quote for $4681did not win the competitive bid process undertaken by the consumer but "Conrad" continued to contact consumer via phone informing consumer that the quote had been a computer glitch and offering a new bid.
- November 28, 2012 a quote for $3598.90 was received, I immediately contacted "Conrad" and informed him via email that the quote was significantly less and that I was concerned.
- "Anthony" stated that it was a computer error and this would be the proper cost.
- November 30, 2012 while researching the company I found a "RipOff report" stating that the company often misrepresented the cost to their consumers just to gain the deposit please see: http://www.ripoffreport.com/progressive-relocati/moving-companies/red-hill-california-17f08.htm
- I immediately emailed "Conrad" with the link and stated I would be choosing another company.
- "Conrad" returned an email stating "alice, so you know that is a former employe that is trying to destroy our company. his name is joshua thomas he has been harising us for the past year we have pressed charges and contacted the authorites. He is trying to destroy our company the bbb and. dot speak for it self."
- Based on a review of the BBB, that email, and the price quote I began negotiating my relocation with "Anthony" because "Conrad" was on vacation December 3, 2012. Each email expressed the NEED to have a seamless move since I work all the way up to the Friday, December 14, 2012 departure and report the following Monday, December 17, 2012.
- Several emails were exchanged with "Anthony" to ensure my inventory was correct because the quote states "THIS IS A BINDING NOT TO EXCEED PRICE BASED ON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU THE CLIENT." I have documented email proof that I provided the exact inventory of the items I needed relocated.
- Final cost provided by "Anthony" after inventory correction was $3746.80 with a $900.00 downpayment - pick-up/pack-out December 10, 2012; delivery December 16,2012.
- December 10, 2012 Neighbors Moving and Storage "Sean" arrives and after a walk thru he informed me that the actual price would be $6000.00.
- Immediately "Anthony" of Progressive Relocation was contacted and I informed him I was only seeking the relocation for what was exactly on the inventory to be packed but the charge was almost a 50% mark-up.
- I requested my refund and "Anthony" said NO.
- Minutes later "Cliff" who stated he was the owner called and he admitted that I had been given a "bad quote" and the best he could do is $5250.00 for the move.
- I explained that I would not have chosen them had they delivered me the "correct quote" so could he please return my deposit.
- Owner "Cliff" stated NO.
- I have paid $900.00 that the company refuses to refund although it was an error on their part.
- I have been inconvenienced - both my husband and I have lost time at work and now my move to Huntsville, AL (Redstone Arsenal: Report date December 17, 2012) has been delayed.
- As a retired military veteran and DOD civilian employee (ARMY) this company has provided me with the worst moving experience that I have ever encountered in my 27 years of military relocations.
Please help protect other consumers from these poor business practices. I have no reason to make false claims. I am simply a consumer wronged and seeking justice.