Complaint Review: Progressive Relocation

• Updated: Fri, July 05, 2013

• Reported By: LK C — Raleigh North Carolina
Progressive Relocation
9920 SW 8th Street Pembroke Pines, Florida USA

Progressive Relocation Did not honor a 'binding' estimate, cashed my blank check without my knowledge, never answered phone, did not return calls or respond to emails. Did not honor contract Pembroke Pines Florida

Progressive Relo set up a binding estimate, cashed my ck $563.00 and NEVER provided any services and never intended to because they avoided my calls.

In June 2013 I contracted with Progressive Relocation to do my cross country move. This included some packing, loading, storage and cross country move and unload. Jason, one of their employee's gave me a written "binding estimate" and set my load for July 5th. He knew this was a critical date because it was a holiday week and my home was closing that following Monday the 8th. As part of their process he said I needed to scan them a blank check which would be used for the Services but he did not say it would be cashed immediately before they did anything.

When I found out they cashed this check I started calling because I wanted to know why they did this without my knowledge. I cld and never reached anyone but left msg, no one called me back. Finally I cld and reached Anthony because I wanted to add my TV and approx 5-10 boxes to my estimate. Anthony said he would figure it up and call me back later that day. He never called. I cld again until I finally reached Kevin who said he was a mgr and he told me Jason was fired because he fell off the wagon (this confirmed to me again that I was not dealing with a professional company)  he created these incorrect estimates.

After several requests, Kevin finally sent me a new estimate but only because I copied someone named Daniel and he had asked Kevin to handle my email. Kevin flat out told me he would refund my deposit because they would not honor the original price. I told him I am caught between a rock and a hard place because my move is in a few days and I don't have time to find another mover on short notice. So he said he would honor the contract at their cost which was over $500.00 more.

He stated he would ensure my move went well to regain my confidence in this company. He and Anthony said Dispatch would call me a week and/or two days prior to my move date with an eta. I never rec'd this call. I text Kevin on July 3rd and 4th telling him I have not heard anything. Finally Kevin simply text me back saying "calling dispatch now", I never heard anything further from him or dispatch.

Needless to say I was scrambling to find another mover on July 4ththat could get me moved by July 7th. I ended up using PODS and doing the loading myself. I called, texted and emailed Kevin & Daniel to cancel my contract on July 4th and still have not heard anything from them. I said I want a check cut to give me my deposit of $563.00 back immediately.

This company should be band from doing business and not allowed to open up under another name. I want the record to show that Jason, Anthony, Kevin and Daniel are criminals that take peoples money and lie about what their company and they will do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2013 07:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-Relocation/Pembroke-Pines-Florida-33025/Progressive-Relocation-Did-not-honor-a-binding-estimate-cashed-my-blank-check-without-1064550. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive Relocation