Complaint Review: Progressive Relocation

• Reported By: Tammy — Harker Heights Texas
Progressive Relocation
9920 SW 8th St. Internet United States of America

Progressive Relocation Worst move EVER!!! Internet

This was the worst move EVER!! And I have many a long distance move i.e. from FL to CA, from CA to Italy, and Italy to OH.   I had arranged for my move and paid the deposit.  Of course when the movers arrived in an unmarked moving van, I was told that I had much more thnt the estimate.  I had had another in-home estimate from another company with the price guaranteed
($8500 and 15,000 Lbs).  I was charged a total of $15,000 (double the quote) and was told that I had 4000 cubic feet to move.

While the movers were in our home there was an altercation between 2 of the employees, which resulted in the Sherriffs arriving at our home.  The total team was very unprofessional!  They did nothing to protect the walls and flooring (guages in the hardwoods).  They even stole 2 flash lights as the packers had to travel in the back of a dark truck back down to Miami.

Our belongings were taken to Miami just to be reloaded onto another truck (after I was told from the beginning that we were going to be the only household on the truck).  The truck then left Miami and began the drive to TX.  I was garanteed a date for delivery (December 22nd).  We were not contacted until December 23rd and were told that they had a flat tire in New Orleans and would not be there until late December 24th....and since it was over Christmas we weren't able to obtain our household until December 26th.

When the turck arrived there were 2 other households on there.  Our total cubic feet was 2600.  1400 less that what was paid.  We had mutiple pieces of furniture broken (dining room chair and living room occassional chair...they actuall pakced hand weights and light bulbs together without any packing material.  Every single lamp shade was broken, brand new washer and dryer dented and dinged.

We had been in discussion with them since December and were just informed that they would not be doing anything for us and that we were harrassing them.  We are in the midst of contacting the Better Business Bureau, the Department of Transportation and our attorney.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2013 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-Relocation/internet/Progressive-Relocation-Worst-move-EVER-Internet-1047005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive Relocation