Complaint Review: Progressive Van Lines - National Moving Network

• Submitted: Mon, November 01, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, November 08, 2004

• Reported By:Loveland Colorado
Progressive Van Lines - National Moving Network
125 Component Dr. San Jose, California U.S.A.

Progressive Van Lines - National Moving Network ripoff overcharges theft items broken and damaged no reply to damage claims late delivery gross negligence San Jose California

*Consumer Comment: Me Too, the WORSE company ever!!

*Consumer Suggestion: contact Progressive's insurance directly

In Spring of 2004, I contracted with National Moving Network, Miami, FLA. to broker my move from Seminole, FLA. to Loveland, CO. We agreed on a price, based on their estimate, and NMN brokered my move to Progresive Van Lines in Pembroke Park, FLA., assuring me that they were a reputable moving company who would excute my move in a careful and efficient manner. National Moving Network lied.

Progressive Van Lines -Pembroke Park, FLA. branch is not approved by the BBB, due to a history of unaddressed claims (NMN would not give me the name of the mover before the move). Progressive charged me $2000 more than my agreed price, double charged for certain fees, and denied me the opportunity for a reweigh. They also required I pay in cash at packing and delivery, and fraudulently completed the paperwork.

Their phone lines are set up so that it is next to impossible to call them, and the line is NOT toll free. You wait on hold for hours, and you pay for the call. Sometimes you wait on hold for an hour, only to be disconnected. Where is my stuff !?!

My goods arrived in CO. three weeks late and in a horrid condition. Many items are broken, damaged, and STOLEN. My jewelry box was broken into and pilaged. My antiques, etc., were left out in the rain. Items were piled into wardrobes and boxes, unlabeled, with rooms mixed. Most wooden furniture pieces are scratched and/or mangled. Most boxes and furniture pieces did not have green id stickers.

It has been 3 1/2 months since I submitted my damage claim to Progressive's home office in CA. They have yet to reply to my claim for damages.

I would be interesting in particapating in a Class action suit v Progressive.. Why are these people Licenced to do business in the USA ?

PS National Moving Network denies any responsibiliy... Thank heavens I did not contract with them for a doctor's services... I'd be DEAD !!!!

Susan
Loveland, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2004 02:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-Van-Lines-National-Moving-Network/San-Jose-California-95131/Progressive-Van-Lines-National-Moving-Network-ripoff-overcharges-theft-items-broken-and-115600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive Van Lines - National Moving Network

Me Too, the WORSE company ever!!

AUTHOR: Richard - (U.S.A.)

It has been three months since I placed my claim with " We will let the claim office know of your complaint" They are the WORSE company ever!!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

contact Progressive's insurance directly

AUTHOR: Sharon - (U.S.A.)

Susan, I don't think your claim has even left Progressive's desk. If you search the Rip Off Reports for Progressive, you'lll find another victim's listing of how to talk to the insurance agent directly, by name.

Try this route.