Complaint Review: Progressive insurance

• Updated: Tue, June 19, 2012

• Reported By: FedUp — Alpharetta Georgia United States of America
Progressive insurance
6300 Wilson Mills Road Mayfield village, Ohio United States of America

Progressive insurance Scum of the auto insurance world - denying an at fault claim Mayfield village, Ohio

My husband was Involved in a car accident 6/11/12. He was sideswiped by another vehicle and spun around twice. Police arrived and the other driver received 2 tickets, one for failure to yield and one for driving without a license. My husband received no ticket. Accident report reflects the same information.

My husbands car's airbags were deployed and he received burns on his arms and bruises from seatbelt. He at some point passed out at the scene. He is also on blood thinners so there was concern for internal bleeding. Ambulance was called and taken to ER. In the hospital they took x-rays of his back and diagnosed him with a twisted spine and concussion. Other driver walked onto my husband's ambulance complaining of neck hurting (probably to avoid police) he was deemed uninjured.

The car that hit my husband is insured by progressive insurance. We called to make a claim and they took my husband's statement and set up a time to meet in person to discuss the next day. My husband agreed to meet him at noon the next day. He also asked us to go sign a release at the place it was towed to to release our vehicle to progressive to look at, which we did. My husband waited at the agreed upon location for 40 minutes before calling claim adjustor's office. The claims adjustor answered and said that due to a witness report that my husband was traveling in center lane that they were not accepting any liability. The accident report shows that my husband was in center lane for 200 feet (300 feet is maximum allowed in GA). The claims adjustor said they aren't paying a dime and that we better get a lawyer.

We have spoken to the police sargent who stated that progressive is known for this kind of unethical business and it was absolutely other guys fault 100%. We are armed with a lawyer now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2012 03:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-insurance/Mayfield-village-Ohio-/Progressive-insurance-Scum-of-the-auto-insurance-world-denying-an-at-fault-claim-Mayfie-899971. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive insurance