Complaint Review: Progressive

• Updated: Tue, January 15, 2013

• Reported By: unknown — New Castle Pennsylvania USA
Progressive
PO Box 31260 Tampa, Florida United States of America

Progressive Progressive Auto Insurance They rip you off because of your credit history mostly all insurance companies do now Tampa, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Agree this is an unfair tactic used

This practice has go to be stopped. Someone needs to get things changed in this industry regarding car insurance companies using credit reports from credit bureaus in determining rates and how you drive your car and how many wrecks or claims you may do based solely on credit data? What a rip off scheme that needs to be stopped.

Just because you filed for bankruptcy your a risk.. Just because you just opened an auto loan your a risk under these scores they use. If you open a mortgage your a risk and that means under they're little scam here more $$$$$$$ out of your pocket and into theirs...

They penalize you if you don't have any auto loan in the last 10 years or a mortgage its a bunch of BS. My wife pay $107 a month about to progressive was $93 and now they jacked the price up because of credit data and or claims in this area was the reason.

She is 49 and has a clean driving record no citations or anything except a little scrape to some guys card who he was in the wrong because when he was pulling out of this video store he was in the middle of the outlet and there was a speeding car on our tail so she has to get out of the way and our car is 13 years old now its not worth that much a 2000 Mercury Cougar 2 Door 4 Cyl.

Even they say to drop the full coverage to just liability.. Well I'm sorry I don't have the money to go out and buy a new card all at once and I don't want auto loan payments.

What is rediculus is the liability not the full coverage. My parents pay under $800 a year for 2 cars 2 SUV's. One has full coverage the other doesn't but if they were to go get a new policy with a new company I check for them they would pay out the butt because of this new credit scam I call it that they use to determine rates and how many future claims you will do and what kind of driver you are based on credit data.. Just because some one has bad credit like my father or wife doesn't mean they are a bad driver its bs and it should be unlawful for insurance companies to continue this practice.. In this economy the way things are this is a big problem and I'm not saying Progressive is bad but this practice of pulling credit records for ripping us all off. They should be allowed only to get your name through credit bureaus for offers of insurance nothing more... They should go only by how long you had insurance and driving history nothing more to determine rates. Other words quit using people's credit as another way of scamming up higher rates it rediculus.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2013 07:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive/Tampa-Florida-33631/Progressive-Progressive-Auto-Insurance-They-rip-you-off-because-of-your-credit-history-mos-997523. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive

Agree this is an unfair tactic used

AUTHOR: Ruth - ()

I do not have that good of credit either; however, my driving record has been spotless for over fifteen years so I do not understand myself how they can say that people with poor credit have worse driving records as I do not see where this is founded at all.  I too believe it is just an excuse to jack the rates making it even harder for someone that is struggling to pay their bills.  I have other reasons now that I am not in love with Progressive Insurance as I've recently switched.  I think pretty much all the insurance companies are doing this now, though because they can and it is extra money in their pocket although this is not ethical by any means.