Complaint Review: Project Payday

• Updated: Mon, August 16, 2010

• Reported By: Laura — Austin Texas USA
Project Payday
www.projectpayday.com Internet United States of America

Project Payday Kelly Martin, First Fast Fifty I completed EIGHT trial offers and never received a DIME - TOTAL WASTE OF MY TIME AND MONEY, Internet

*Author of original report: Thanks BBB!

On 7/28/10, I created an account with Project Payday. I thought it sounded a little fishy, but I looked them up on the Better Business Bureau website and they had a rating of B+, so I figured it was legitimate. I was told that if I signed up for a number of "free trial" offers at the website freefactor.com, I would receive $50 the very NEXT DAY from Project Payday through Kelly Martin. They called this the "First Fast Fifty" program.

I signed up for 2 trial offers to gain an account with Project Payday.  Then I signed up for 6 more trial offers in order to qualify for the $50. Most of these offers were not in fact free, one of them was $17 but I figured it would work out when I got the $50.  Again, I was told that I would receive $50 in my PayPal account the next business day.

The next day, I received an email stating that the money was in my PalPal account!  I was so excited. [continued below]....
.....  But then I checked my PayPal and the money wasn't there! I tried to contact Mr. Martin several times by phone, and was never able to get through. Via email, Mr. Martin then told me I had to "verify" my account with PayPal. I had previously been told that I could get the money the very next day, but now I was being told that I would have to wait while PayPal verified me, which took several additional days.

I did in fact get verified with PayPal, and I did not in fact ever receive a dime from Project Payday. I emailed Kelly again.  He suggested I did not receive the money because I typed in my email address wrong. Not true. I emailed him again.  By time time it had been almost a week.  This time he said, and I quote, "Impatience is not a problem of Project Payday or Free factor, that is user error".

Not only am I out $25 bucks on non-free trial offers, I wasted COUNTLESS hours of my life trying to get by money. I cancelled all my free trials and filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2010 05:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Project-Payday/internet/Project-Payday-Kelly-Martin-First-Fast-Fifty-I-completed-EIGHT-trial-offers-and-never-rec-628739. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Project Payday

Thanks BBB!

AUTHOR: Laura - (USA)

After filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, I was contacted by Eric Kissel, presumably a Project Payday employee who had been contacted by the BBB.  Eric and I exchanged several emails, and he stated that Kelly had sent the money, but that he (Eric) would send it again.  It still did not show up in my account and I didn't know what else to do so I called PayPal.  Turns out that PayPal had a problem with my email address.  A few minutes after getting off the phone with PayPal, I had TWO $50 deposits in my PayPal.  Wow, and finally!  Unfortunately, I was unable to determine whose fault it was that I didn't receive the money initially - was it PayPal's or Project Payday's?  Of course Project Payday insisted that it was PayPal's fault, but I simply don't know.  If it was PayPal's fault, I apologize for wrongly accusing Project Payday.