Complaint Review: Projector Lamp Center

• Submitted: Wed, March 05, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, March 25, 2008

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Projector Lamp Center
4060 Peachtree Rd NE #D334 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Projector Lamp Center Failed to send product or refund payment Atlanta Georgia

*Author of original report: Issue Resolved - Refund Received

*UPDATE Employee: CUSTOMER HAS BEEN REFUNDED IN FULL!!!!!!!

I purchased a replacment bulb in November, 2007. Weeks passed with no delivery. Attempts to inquire about delivery failed. The phone is always busy. The on-line chat they offer was cordial but failed to solve the issue. Finally in January, 2008 I cancelled the order and was told refund would be given within 5 to 7 days. A refund was not given.

Repeated attempts to reach a customer service representative or obtain a return message have all failed. It is my opinion that this is a "shell" company that only provides a service if they can buy the product cheaper than they collect. If the money they collect is too low then the order remains "pending" forever. They rely on consumers to give up trying to get the product and refunds are rare if ever given. They string on the defrauded customers long enough for the fraud protection on many credit cards to lapse (usually 60 days). This company should be shut down and the owners and employees in conspiracy with them should be prosecuted.

Unfortunately, it is difficult and cost prohibitive to collect through a lawsuit filed in small claims court when it is out of state - as is my case. I think they (Projector Lamp Center) know that and rely on duped customers to simply give up trying to collect.

Gary
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2008 09:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Projector-Lamp-Center/Atlanta-Georgia-30319/Projector-Lamp-Center-Failed-to-send-product-or-refund-payment-Atlanta-Georgia-314907. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Projector Lamp Center

AUTHOR: Gary - (U.S.A.)

I wanted to pass along that this website, along with a notice to the Better Business Bureau, caught the attention of the company and action was taken. I have finally received a full refund on my credit card.

AUTHOR: Gary - (U.S.A.)

CUSTOMER HAS BEEN REFUNDED IN FULL!!!!!!!

AUTHOR: Customer Service Team - (U.S.A.)

This customer ordered a backordered product and eventually canceled the order. Due to increasingly high processing times with merchant services, and the high level or returns from the holiday season, the refund took longer than expected.

This customer was fully refunded on 3-10-08 and the customer has been completetly notified of said refund.

Letter to the customer:

Gary,

We apologize that you had such a poor experience with ordering from our website. Projector Lamp Center uses vendors which ususally drop ship directly to your door. Most of the time these orders go out without any issues. Unfortuatnely there are times that the order gets held up for various reasons and us here at the customer service call center are "called" upon to find the issue and get the product to the customer as quickly as possible.

We have customer service personel available Mon-Fri from 8:30-6:00. We also have a live Chat service available online during business hours. Also we have an online email service which can be used to contact us for any reason regarding a current order or situation.

Once again we apologize for any inconvenience caused by this situaiton. If there is anything we can do please do not hesitate to contact us immediately.