Complaint Review: Projector Lamp Center

• Submitted: Thu, September 20, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, September 25, 2008

• Reported By:Westminster Colorado
Projector Lamp Center
4060 Peachtree Rd Suite D-334 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Projector Lamp Center Sold me a $500.00 lamp for my projector then never shipped item but charged me for it. Atlanta Georgia

*Author of original report: Projector Lamp Center

*UPDATE Employee: Projector Lamp Center Provided Needed Information for Unfortunate Circumstance

Projector Lamp Center is a rip off.
I purchased a lamp for my Projector at the cost of about $500.00 including insurance. I was told the lamp was in stock and would be shipped out right away. After 2 weeks I contacted them again to explain I did not get it. I was told it was on back order and that it would ship in another week. The customer service person was rude and matter a fact, so in a week I called again and was told that it had shipped and was on the way.

Another week went by still with no lamp, so I contacted them again. I was then told that the company filed chapter 11 and that all of the orders in the period of about 2 weeks were cancled and that even though they charged my card I was not going to get my product.

I was told that I would eventually get my money after the courts had started the pay back, it could be up to year, I was told I could write the state and that might speed up the process. Come on this is a rip off company and I will be happy when they go out of bussiness. Lie's it the only thing they sell.

Mike
Westminster, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2007 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Projector-Lamp-Center/Atlanta-Georgia-30319/Projector-Lamp-Center-Sold-me-a-50000-lamp-for-my-projector-then-never-shipped-item-but-275438. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Projector Lamp Center

Projector Lamp Center

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

A year later I am still out my 500 bucks. Do not let them steal from you, take my advise.

Projector Lamp Center Provided Needed Information for Unfortunate Circumstance

AUTHOR: Customer Service Team - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately Projector Lamp Center was forced into a filing for Chapter 11 in July of 2007. The company is going through a restructuring period and hopes to be able to conduct business on every level at 100% capacity in the near future.

Unfortunately all "open" orders (this means orders that have not been shipped and need a refund, or orders that have been returned and need a product or refund) prior to the July filing date are on hold and there is nothing that can be done as far as a refund or credit memo. This information has been relayed to every customer involved and we are still answering as many of the questions about the situation that we can.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused any customer. The information once again is the FEDERAL CASE # 07-71667 filed in a north Atlanta district court system. We also have representatives in our call centers ready to answer questions Mon-Fri. 8:30-6:00 EST, or on our online Chat service during business hours and also via our online email service.

We will be handling the refunds as promptly as possible once the FEDERAL COURTS ALLOW us to help the individual customers with their returns and refunds.

We apologize that this situation has angered you or caused you any grief.

Sincerely