Complaint Review: Promis addiction rehab clinics

• Submitted: Wed, February 24, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, October 20, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — London United Kingdom
Promis addiction rehab clinics

Promis addiction rehab clinics Robin Lefever - Does anyone really have a clue what he does??? Internet

*Consumer Comment: What is the other clinic you went to?

I had the misfortune of needing help a few years back and was admitted to the PROMIS clinic in Kent.  Alright, so I thought it was ok at the time as I didn't really know what to expect, but looking back I wish I'd looked around a bit, as I've since discovered that there are much better places that are a lot cheaper - over 4k for 1 week - a total rip off..!!

Before I decided upon PROMIS, I was told by Robin Lefever that 1 week would be enough time to get me on my feet and into 'recovery' so to speak, although once there , I was then told that 4 weeks would be better for me.  When I arrived, my initial impression was that everything was really chaotic and no-one seemed to know what they were doing.  I was eventually shown to my room which I happened to be sharing with 2 other people (something I wasn't told) as I thought I would at least have my own room, but apparently that would cost me over 10k a week!!

To cut a long story short, I left after the 1 week and relapsed about a month later. [continued below]....

.....  Luckily this time though I found a really nice clinic which cost me roughly the same for 4 weeks as it cost me for 1 week at PROMIS.  I'm now doing really well and have put my stay at PROMIS down to a very bad experience that I won't be repeating!

My main reason for writing though is that I recently saw an article on Robin Lefever (apparently now a doctor) where he was calling himself a psychiatrist.  As I know it, his father is a doctor, although I've been told that PROMIS has now closed, but Robin Lefever has set up again on his own.  My question is - and I don't know if anyone can answer this, how has Robin Lefever gone from a man with no medical experience to that of a psychiatrist in the space of 2 years??  It looks to me like he is now riding on his father's misfortunes which I think is utterly disgraceful.

This man is not who he says he is and I would say to anyone who is considering going there to seriously think whether or not this is the best option.  There are loads of good clinics available and it is worth investigating before parting with at least 4k in cash... maybe even as much as 20k!  This man is totally dishonest and is only interested in lining his already very deep pockets.  He has very little interest in the welfare of his patients and should not be allowed take advantage of vulnerable people.

Be warned..!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2010 05:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Promis-addiction-rehab-clinics/internet/Promis-addiction-rehab-clinics-Robin-Lefever-Does-anyone-really-have-a-clue-what-he-does-574140. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Promis addiction rehab clinics

What is the other clinic you went to?

AUTHOR: Emmanuel - (United States of America)

Hi there I am interested to know which is the other clinic you have used please?

As I am looking for one.