Complaint Review: Promotora Sunset Beach Club

• Submitted: Fri, December 14, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, December 14, 2012

• Reported By: Dugay sa America, Tonto giyapon — Stockton California United States of America
Promotora Sunset Beach Club
Boulevard Kukulkan Km. 10 Lot 13-B, Hotel Zone, Internet United States of America

Promotora Sunset Beach Club Premier Vacation, Sunset Travel, The company refuse to honor the 5 day grace period to cancel or resind the aggreement and refund the downpayment. Cancun, Internet

*General Comment: Royal Elite Timeshare Scam

I received a call from premier vacation offering several vacation option such as 5days/4 night Cancun, 5d/4n Bahamas Cruise and 5d/4n Florida for the price of $599.00. All I have do is to attend the promoter presentation for 90 minute, maximum of 120 minutes. Stupid me, I accepted the offer and book my first vacation to Cancun, Mexico. Our accomodation is at Ocean Spa. The next day, I attended the presentation and it took 5 hours. The representative keep on talking about Sunset Club, a total of 4 resort in Cancun and offering other  vacation resort in other places around the world for a fraction of a price. I felt pressure after the presentation thus ended up signing agreement. On the 2nd day after signing the contract, I was able totally grasp the purchase agreement and decided to cancel the contract. In the claus #12 it state that I can "cancel the contract within 5 business day after signing." I also notified the sales representative by e-mail. I received a call from the representative saying that I will not received the down payment instead he is offering me a much lower price. I insist on cancelling. I told them that I will send the letter via Fed ex. I call the Amex but they told me that since I authorize the pay by la, they have to pay but I told me that I can dispute it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2012 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Promotora-Sunset-Beach-Club/internet/Promotora-Sunset-Beach-Club-Premier-Vacation-Sunset-Travel-The-company-refuse-to-honor-t-982171. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Promotora Sunset Beach Club

#1 General Comment

Royal Elite Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: Becker79 - ()

Most timeshare companies are taking advantage of people, often those who are more vulnerable and less able to resist hard sales tactics. It happened the same to me with a Royal Elite Timeshare promotion, but  I was able to handle the presentation without buying a timeshare. I have heard of many cases where maintenance costs rise well above inflation. It would appear the timeshare companies lock people into contracts and then drive up their profits though increased maintenance charges. It would be good to see legislation whereby timeshare companies can only charge "reasonable" maintenance costs and not use this annual fee to fleece people's bank accounts, not only in Mexico, but also in the US.