Complaint Review: Promotora Sunset Beach Clubs, S.A. de C.V.

• Submitted: Tue, May 21, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, May 21, 2013

• Reported By: TallPaul — Jackson New Jersey
Promotora Sunset Beach Clubs, S.A. de C.V.
Blvd. Kukulcan Km 10 Lote 13B Internet Mexico

Promotora Sunset Beach Clubs, S.A. de C.V. Company will not refund my deposit according to contract Cancun, Q. Roo Q. Roo Internet

*General Comment: Royal Elite Timeshare Scam

My family of four vacationed through an RCI Exchange of the timeshare we own in Virginia with Sunset Beach Club from August 11, 2012 – August 18, 2012.  Upon arrival we were asked to set up for a free breakfast and tour and information about the owner’s club.

The very next day, Sunday, August 12, 2012 we met with Paul Calabrese, Jr., a supposed son of an owner, over a period of five hours for the presentation.  We tried numerous times to turn down the offer and they kept coming back with another offer, and more alcohol for us to drink – we declined drinks after the first one.

The final offer, made by Brendon Rosberg, Sales Manager, was for in his terms a “maybe” contract which kept our options open.  For $1,033.06 USD charged to my AMEX we could hold a 10 year, 10 week contract with many extra benefits and weeks too numerous to mention.  There would also be another $3,039 payment in March 2013 if we decided to keep it.  This contract had a five business day cancellation policy.

Within the first two days, while still in Cancun, we sent to Brendon and Paul Jr. a list of questions about the contract that Paul Jr. met with us on Friday to answer.  We weren’t satisfied at that point and sent, via email, to Paul Jr. our cancellation, well within the guidelines as outlined by the contract.  He acknowledged our cancellation.

To date I have spoken with Jose Aguire, Ray Rubio, Fred Eriksson, custservice3rios@yahoo.com and Braulio Jose Zuñiga about my $1,033.06 refund to no avail and each continues to try to make some offer about the refund.

Jose Aguire, the closest we’ve come to getting some traction, made even another offer to get us to “try to keep something”.  It is now, mid-May, 2013 and numerous emails have been sent to Jose and still no answer and no refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2013 06:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Promotora-Sunset-Beach-Clubs-SA-de-CV/internet/Promotora-Sunset-Beach-Clubs-SA-de-CV-Company-will-not-refund-my-deposit-according-t-1052557. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Promotora Sunset Beach Clubs, S.A. de C.V.

#1 General Comment

Royal Elite Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: janie78j - ()

Have you accomplished to get your deposit back? I purchased a Royal Elite timeshare last year and I'm having exactly the same problem, I was trying to get a final resolution working on my own, but I think it's time to file a complaint with PROFECO (The Mexico's Consumer Protection Agency) maybe you should do the same thing