Complaint Review: Prompto 10 Minute Oil Change

• Updated: Thu, August 18, 2011

• Reported By: John — Berwick Maine United States of America
Prompto 10 Minute Oil Change
11 Weeks Lane Dover, New Hampshire United States of America

Prompto 10 Minute Oil Change Total lack of customer service and poor business perspective Dover, New Hampshire

My 2007 Hundai was due for an oil change so went to Dover Prompto 10 Minute Oil Chanage on 11 Weeks Lane to have it done.  One week after the change, I noticed oil stains on my garage floor.  Upon inspection, I noted more stains and took a look under the hood.  Knowing that I just had my oil and filter change one week prior, I took it back and had them take a look.  They said "all looked fine" even after admitting seeing oil under the car and on the engine itself just under the oil filter and to the right.  There was no doubt that oil was coming from somewhere.  They tightened the filter and wiped the oil that they saw and assured me that it was taken care of.  The very next morning, I noticed more oil on the garage floor and on the engine by the filter.  So, I started the car and noticed dripping from under the oil filter cap (which sits on top of the engine of a Hundai Sonata).  Yes, it was "leaking" from the cap - and yes, I saw it leaking.  So, I brought it back again ... they took the filter off (after I asked them to simply replace the filter) cleaned the gasket ring and said there was no need to replace the filter - even after I asked them to.  I no sooner drove home, opened the hood, and there it was again ...oil on the engine just under and to the left of the filter ... and no, it wasn't old residual oil like they wanted me to believe.  So, back again I went this time insisting to the manager (Brandon) that the filter must be changed.  He told me he called his boss who told him "not" to replace the filter.  When I attempted to reason with Brandon and helped him understand what good "customer service" should be; and to risk my loyalty for a $10 filter; he still refused.

So much for the Dover, NH, (11 Weeks Lane) response to a customer in need.  Yes    a $10 filter. I will never go back there ... and warn others not to as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2011 10:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prompto-10-Minute-Oil-Change/Dover-New-Hampshire-03820/Prompto-10-Minute-Oil-Change-Total-lack-of-customer-service-and-poor-business-perspective-766754. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prompto 10 Minute Oil Change