Complaint Review

280 Washington St. Claremont, New Hampshire United States of America Phone:
603-543-9508
Category:
Auto Service Stations

Prompto 10 min. Oil Change I pay about $85. for an oil change, but was charged $65. I couldnt figure out why till I was later driving, and could smell the oil burning, plus noticed the spill in my driveway. I brought it back, a Claremont , New Hampshire

I recieved an oil change, later noticed the oil on my driveway,and could smell the oil burning while driving. This was on Friday. Monday I brought it back to the shop, asked them why it smelled.  They told me it was a stripped main seal. The gentleman that originally cashed me out, told me it was only $65. and not $85, cause it really didn't need oil, "maybe 1 qaurt". I told them my car was fine, until I brought it in, and that now it is burning oil. I was told that it was going to cost me a couple hundred dollars.
I feel that Prompto is responsible for the stripped seal, and that it should be replaced on them. There was no puddle of oil in my driveway till I got an oil change. If it were stripped prior to me going there, there would have been a puddle in my driveway, and I would need more than maybe 1 quart like earlier mentioned.
I will file a damages claim if this becomes a costly matter that I have to pay for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2012 05:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prompto-10-min-Oil-Change/Claremont-New-Hampshire-03743/Prompto-10-min-Oil-Change-I-pay-about-85-for-an-oil-change-but-was-charged-65-I-cou-955493. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prompto 10 min. Oil Change