Complaint Review: Prompto Oil Change

• Submitted: Mon, April 12, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, April 12, 2010

• Reported By: Richard — Farmington New Hampshire Virgin Islands (US)
Prompto Oil Change
11 weeks lane Dover, New Hampshire United States of America

Prompto Oil Change Prompto 10 minute oil change striped my oil plug need ed drain oil to change then did oil change with out approval than charged me to get my car back because manager not present. New manager will not take my call. Dover, New Hampshire

*Consumer Comment: I'll bet they didn't fix it.

I went to get my oil changed at a local place. I was told they could not change my oil because the last person had striped my oil plug screw. So I drove 30 min each way to get to Prompto who change my oil last, when I told service person my problem he said do you want an oil change. I said no I want the plug replaced because I have and coupon for a 13.99 oil change I will have it done there. Then he had the guy in the pit pull the striped plug which I assumed they would put new plug in and fill oil lost. Well no not the case they changed oil, filter. Then I was told it would be $23.95 I told them I just explained I only wanted the pulg changed. I could have oil changed for 13.99 some where else. Then I was told sorry there is nothing they can do about the price. So in order to get my car back I paid the $23.95 and left figuring I would address the situation with the store manager. Not the case because apperently he never goes to the store and by the way I asked the service person for the corporate phone number and was told they could not give that number out! Needless to say customer service is not on there check list. So in conclusion it cost me $10.00 and an hour of my time to have prompto fix what there service screwed up. So everyone run to Prompto to have there oil changed!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2010 07:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prompto-Oil-Change/Dover-New-Hampshire-03820/Prompto-Oil-Change-Prompto-10-minute-oil-change-striped-my-oil-plug-need-ed-drain-oil-to-c-592242. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prompto Oil Change

I'll bet they didn't fix it.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

It's very likely that they did not fixed the stripped plug.   If you look, it's either still there, or they replaced it with a temporary rubber plug.

Fixing stipped threads on an oil pan is not something that gets done in a short amount of time by a bunch of oil change jockeys.