Complaint Review: Propane Company of Grand Ledge

• Reported By: anonymous — Michigan United States of America
Propane Company of Grand Ledge
grand river Grand ledge, Michigan United States of America

Propane Company of Grand Ledge excessive charges Grand ledge, Michigan

I had propane delievered today. The driver claimed our tank was empty and unsafe. He disconnected and red tagged our tank for "Special appointment to Check for leaks".
 I contacted the office as instructed to find out the meaning of this. It was a $75.00 for them to come out and check for leaks. I argued with them that was not necessary. They said I was out of propane and this was required. I checked propane that morning and know there was about 1%. My house only uses propane for water heating and cooking. Nobody was home, so therefore no propane use was my arguement.

I gave in to their fees to have my propane turned back on. The "Special Site Visit" to check for leaks was completed without the service man ever entering the house.  Why did he have to shut it off in the first place.
The Companies managers only comment to this was " Don't let your gas get that low. Your lucky we delievered on your regular scheduled day".  Is that scarey.. BEWARE!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2012 05:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Propane-Company-of-Grand-Ledge/Grand-ledge-Michigan-/Propane-Company-of-Grand-Ledge-excessive-charges-Grand-ledge-Michigan-843073. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Propane Company of Grand Ledge