A FEW THINGS EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT Pro Scout or Proscout.
1) their 'scouts' have almost no experience- a few of the top execs do, but the kids they send on the road usually don't
2) their 'scouts' get paid huge commissions for anyone who goes to the convention from an open call they scouted- so they want as many to go as possible, but they 'weed out' the so-called ugly ones to give it legitimacy and make those chosen feel special i.e. mroe likely to shell out money to go
3) the conventions are a joke- they are used to sell photo packages (you get a mailing 2 weeks after signing up strongly encouraging you to pay hundreds of $$$ to use their recommended photographer), the agents ARE PAID TO BE THERE and often send assistants in their place who lie and use the name of the real agent and give out the agent's business cards
4) the agents ARE STRONGLY STRONGLY STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to pick as many people for callbacks as possible- if they pick too few they don't get asked back to another convention- they are told to ask people to callbacks and then a few weeks later say "they didn't have the look the clients wanted" so the customer feels like they got picked but then never get booked or signed to the agency
5) they have had to admit in court docs that they make almost every penny from convention fees. (and photography kickbacks, and the t-shirts and other junk they sell at the conventions). 92-90% of those who pay will NEVER GET A PAYING MODELING JOB. can you imagine if your business had a 92% failure rate!
6) you are there for 1 reason- to pay the convention fees to make david and his crew lots of money. if these guys were legit, they'd be working for real agencies as bookers or heads of divisions, not traveling around to sheboygan wisconsin in december to rip off unsuspecting teens and their parents.
7) THEY CLAIM THEY WERE STARTED BY THE WORLD'S TOP AGENCIES to find them talent- only 1 small problem- the best agencies say that is a LIE.....
EVER WONDER WHY THEY ALMOST NEVER HOLD OPEN CALLS IN NEW YORK OR LA AND RARELY IN MIAMI/??? B/c the people who live there can visit or send pics to the top agencies FOR FREE and they know too much about the business to get suckered. that's why they never do open calls in new york city.
KNOW THE TRUTH- HOLD ON TO YOUR WALLET TIGHT. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS