Complaint Review: Proseal Caulking Kit And As Seen On TV Products

• Submitted: Sun, September 28, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, January 14, 2009

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
Proseal Caulking Kit And As Seen On TV Products
3641B Pierce Drive Chamblee, Georgia U.S.A.

Proseal Caulking Kit And As Seen On TV Products I have notified my credit card carrier of your unscrupulous and unethical billing practices. Chamblee Georgia

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This Individual is Confused.

Beware -- Proseal Caulking engages in unscrupulous and unethical billing tactics. In July 2008 I called a toll free number, which was advertised on TV, and ordered a Proseal caulking kit for $19.95 plus $5.95 shipping and handling.

By September, I still did not recieve the order. I attempted to cancel with no success and was shocked when I was informed, by a recording, that I would be receiving numerous items, which I did not order and my bill would be $100.00. When I reviewed my credit card statement, my account was charged $125.20.

I attempted to return the unopened items to the return address on the shipping label with no success. The unopened box was returned to me.

I phoned my credit card company and they have initiated an investigation. There are 16 similar complaints against Proseal. They are listed on Infomercial Scams.com.

The Proseal caulking kit is sold via the internet through various entities such as Amazon.com. That is how I found the As Seen on TV Products Customer Service number. The number is 1-800-238-7119. Return products to: As Seen on TV Products, 3641B Pierce Drive, Chamblee, GA 30341.

Mary
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2008 08:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Proseal-Caulking-Kit-And-As-Seen-On-TV-Products/Chamblee-Georgia-30341/Proseal-Caulking-Kit-And-As-Seen-On-TV-Products-I-have-notified-my-credit-card-carrier-of-376806. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Proseal Caulking Kit And As Seen On TV Products

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This Individual is Confused.

AUTHOR: As-seen-on-tv-products - (U.S.A.)

I am the owner of As seen on tv products aka tvtime direct. We experience customers that have us mixed up with other companies all the time. First of all, my company does absolutely no television advertising whatsoever. If someone searches a product they see a commercial for my website:
www.as-seen-on-tv-products.ws is usually one of the first to come up on any search engine, ie: google, yahoo, msn.

I have heard alot about the company that advertises and sells pro-caulk from customers calling us because they are under the impression that we are one and the same. The fact the my company sells products that are advertised on television does not mean we are the manufacturer or the tv commercial. To pull us into this would be like going and ranting and raving about Target when you got terrible service at Wal-Mart, it just doesn't make sense. My website sells you what you want for the price marked, we do not add new things into your cart or add extra charges.

Whether or not the Pro Caulk company is responsible for unethical and unscrupulous business practices is something I cannot comment on, however I can assure you Mary, and everyone else that my company would never be responsible for activity like that.

It is completely ridiculous to be bashed like this based on our information on Amazon.com, it's good to leave consumer reports but try to base them in fact in the future Mary.