Complaint Review: Prosearching.com

• Submitted: Tue, March 02, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, March 02, 2004

• Reported By:Bayport New York
prosearching.com , Alaska U.S.A.

Prosearching.com hijacked Internet explorer homepage. now I have more pop-ups, and no matter how I try to remove it, it keeps coming back on reboot. Internet

I observed a new search toolbar on my Internet Explorer home page(yahoo). I tried removing it in all the usual methods, but it kept coming back upon reboot.

I am now inundated with popups, and even with a blocker, I am still getting those annoying pauses in the middle of every phase of computing, that occur whenever popups get blocked.

In an attempt to avoid this obvious advertising scheme, I went to a different browser, and did a google search on prosearching.com and discovered several bulletin boards whose members discussed this phenomenon. I thought this was illegal. If not, it is certainly immoral to kidnap a homepage, insert your own search engine, stuff a zillion popups, and slow down all computing tasks, and not permit user to choose to leave.

I found out that it got in, as most spyware, through cookies, but that's no help...everything works through cookies. I am now very much aware that this spyware can be used to gather information about where I visit and even credit card numbers and purchasescan be accessed. I have no idea how it got here, I just want it off!!!

Bayport, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2004 07:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prosearchingcom/Alaska/Prosearchingcom-hijacked-Internet-explorer-homepage-now-I-have-more-pop-ups-and-no-matt-82505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prosearching.com