Complaint Review: ProspectEmail.net

• Submitted: Wed, October 03, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 03, 2012

• Reported By: William — Oceanside California United States of America
1 Newburgh Street London W1F 7RB Internet United States of America

ProspectEmail.net Systek Marketing Group Sold me 50K fake contacts, offered refund, then lied to CC company & kept money Internet

This company sold us 53K contacts of IT personnel in the UK.  They guaranteed 99% deliverability.  That is, less than 1% of the email addresses we purchased would receive a "hard bounce."  (A hard bounce is one that is no longer valid, such as "this person is no longer at this email address.")  What we experienced was that >50% of the email addresses were bouncing. In addition, the rest of the contact information was completely wrong.  The person's name would match their email address, but the address and phone number would be for a completely different company!

We reported this to prospectemail.net, who seemed very surprised and offered us a complete refund.

And then they stopped responding to our emails and phone calls.

I filed a dispute with our CC company, but unfortunately checked "did not received service" instead of "service not as described."  The company claimed that they gave me the service (since I did download the contacts), and that was that.  I protested with further information, and the bank informed me that once a dispute has been opened with one type, it cannot be changed to another type.

Meanwhile, prospectemail.net gets to enjoy $3000 of our money for doing absolutely nothing.

Thieves.  Nothing but thieves.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2012 02:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ProspectEmailnet/internet/ProspectEmailnet-Systek-Marketing-Group-Sold-me-50K-fake-contacts-offered-refund-then-l-950400. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ProspectEmail.net