Complaint Review: Prosper Learning - The Tax Club - Advantage Club - Vermotion

• Submitted: Fri, December 09, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, May 29, 2014

• Reported By:Squaw Valley California
Prosper Learning - The Tax Club - Advantage Club - Vermotion
5072 North 300 West Provo, Utah U.S.A.

Prosper Learning - advantage club - Vermotion ripoff, lied about their program, refused to give money back, ignore problems Provo Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: tax club has many faces

*Consumer Comment: Advantage Corporation and the Tax Club

We were contacted by a Prosper salesperson by telephone and after our interview granted permission to join their program with the assurance that if we complied with their requirements we would gain knowledge on how to succeed in real estate investments. The program included a one on one mentor who was supposed to teach us the in & outs. He told us that he has been successfully investing using the Prosper System "no money down". However, after few sessions it was clear that we did not learn anything new or received any inside knowledge. As a matter of fact these 40 minute sessions were construed that a 7 year old could understand them- clearly a waste of time and no new information. Sensing we were getting frustrated with the program he indicated that we could switch mentors if he was not working out for us. The problem was not him but the Prosper System-- everyone was gun-h*o in the beginning- it didn't take very long to charge our credit card, since we didn't have the $10000.00 they graciously charged us $8035.00 and gave us a grant for $2000.00,but this had to be paid back starting December. Maybe this should have raised a question since I never heard of grants having to be paid back. After we signed up it seems that everytime someone contacted us we were supposed to dish out more money, expl. the tax club, advantage club (incorporated us for a lot more than Nevada charges), Vermotion (website created for us which never worked) No help was available when I called so we finally cancelled-still no response to our request for our money back. Today we received a letter from a company in California telling us they would charge our credit card for the payments of the $2000.00. WE cancelled our credit cards but are extremely frustrated with this process. Prosper was very good in Directing us to the BBB were no negative responses were found and stressed ethics and honesty. If it was not that much money it could be comical- obviously getting rich to Prosper means getting it in a very ingenious way, they were presenting everything very logical and achievable. We were not doubting too much what they were saying after all who does not want to acchieve success. We have contacted the FTC,hopefully this will prevent someone else to do business with Prosper Inc, the tax club, advantage and for mortgage Staggs Financial who after receiving all of our financial records supposedly had loan money for our first house purchase. However that was a few weeks ago, to this day no money, no response but at least no more lies and deception. Barbara Squaw Valley, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2005 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prosper-Learning-The-Tax-Club-Advantage-Club-Vermotion/Provo-Utah-84604/Prosper-Learning-advantage-club-Vermotion-ripoff-lied-about-their-program-refused-to-167447. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prosper Learning - The Tax Club - Advantage Club - Vermotion

#1 Consumer Suggestion

tax club has many faces

AUTHOR: homeland david - ()

hello people who have been scammed. i have some info that may be of help if you would like to sue these blood suckers. the tax club goes by many names. you cant sue tax club unless you start with the other companies names that the tax club has under its umbrella of deceit. heres a list of businesses that the tax club runs...

1.accounting group

6.ikongo

7.online solutions

8.online success

9.the success planning group

and that is all i can think of right now. here are some other companies that do the same thing and also have rip off reports on this website.visible.net, yoobly, daeus financial, power seller, smg, iso, profit sense. most of these have an umbrella of business too. please fight together to take these people down. i work for homeland arbitrations and my main goal is to stop scam artists from screwing people over. please help and dont procrastinate and work together...

i hope my words dont go on deaf ears.

AUTHOR: Barbara - (U.S.A.)

I have been involved with these two companies and have been trying to get some response or my money back for several months, to no avail. I have filled with the BBB, FBI internet fraud department and Attorney General, but have heard nothing. I would like to start a class action law suit if I could get enough people together. Would you be interested? These people are truly doing an injustice and I don't know if picketing would help due to their main business being web-site and referral based.