Complaint Review: Protect America - GE Security Authorized Dealer

• Submitted: Sun, October 05, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 10, 2008

• Reported By:Redlands California
Protect America - GE Security Authorized Dealer
5100 N. IH-35, Suite B Round Rock, Texas U.S.A.

Protect America - GE Security Authorized Dealer automatically extended contact because I did not give 60 days notice at end of my two year contract (I gave 30 day notice) Round Rock Texas

*Author of original report: Protect America resolved my compaint to my satisfaction

I signed on with Protect America, a home security system company, in October 2006. Since we do not have a landline at my house (cell phones and high speed internet only), many of the other better known security companies were not options.

Protect America seemed to be a great solution due to the wireless system, communication via my high speed internet connection, and the fact that they are a GE Authorized Dealer.

We signed a 24 month contract beginning October 2006. In September 2008, I wrote to Protect America to let them know I would like to terminate my two year contract in October. They claim that the contract automatically renews for another year unless a 60 day termination notice is received in writing. I cannot find this in any of my documentation.

This is a horrendous security system. The electronic keypad that is supposed to go just inside the front door never functioned, so instead the company sent us two keychain units to substitute for that. The sensors on the windows do not work well, and I simply need to find a new company. This is ridiculous that I have to pay $40 a month for this.

I wish I had read what others have written here prior to signing on with this shady company.

Jennifer
Redlands, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2008 09:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Protect-America-GE-Security-Authorized-Dealer/Round-Rock-Texas-78681/Protect-America-GE-Security-Authorized-Dealer-automatically-extended-contact-because-I-d-378586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Protect America - GE Security Authorized Dealer

Protect America resolved my compaint to my satisfaction

AUTHOR: Jennifer s c - (U.S.A.)

After I wrote to the company to complain not only about the automatic renewal of my contract for another year, but also the fact that instead of a keypad in the door, I was given two key chain units, Protect America wrote back and agreed to let me terminate my contract in October 2008, as I had originally hoped.

Text from their correspondence with me:

Thank you for following up on your account. Because of the issues you were having your notice was taken to upper management. The account has been scheduled to cancel on October 30, 2008. Please keep this for your records as your cancellation verification. Please contact us if you have any other questions or concerns. You are more than welcome to do as you wish with the equipment but your account will remain active until October 30, 2008 with the monitoring station.

Thank you Protect America for resolving this dispute!