swift

• Updated: Tue, August 23, 2011

• Reported By: Lori — Decatur Alabama United States of America
Protect America, Inc
5100 North IH-35 Suite B Round Rock, Texas United States of America

Protect America, Inc POA Operating within a grey area of the law. Round Rock, Texas

This company operates with a questionable ethics code and skirts within grey areas of the law with their contract language.   I have never had a company make me feel as though Im held hostage like this one does.

In 2007 I signed a 3 year contract with Protect America, Inc.  In 2010 I moved and no longer needed the system and attempted to cancel the contract.  At that time I was told that my contract would not expire for 6 more months.  Early in 2011 I requested to cancel the service again I was told that I had to honor the terms of the contact and that it had not expired.   In late August 2011 I changed banks and did not provide Protect America, Inc with a new form of payment.   This time they were very quick to call me, again we went through the supervisor and special cancellation department and requested a manager.   I am told that their contract has an automatic roll over clause in it and they are within their rights to bill me, take me to collections etc. .   The only way to cancel this service once you have it is to cancel with a very small window of dates.   Oddly they did offer to cancel my contract if I would pay them through the end of the year.   Funny that feels a lot like blackmail to me.

Its worth noting that the alarm system has not been hooked up for two years and not once did they contact me to find out why the system was not reporting in.   Two years of service that I didnt use and didnt sign up for equates to roughly $800 this company has taken from me for service that was not provided.

Do yourself a favor if you are considering a purchase from this company please do your research first and type Protect America, Inc. complaints into your favorite search engine before entering a contract with this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2011 05:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Protect-America-Inc/Round-Rock-Texas-/Protect-America-Inc-POA-Operating-within-a-grey-area-of-the-law-Round-Rock-Texas-768888. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Protect America, Inc