Complaint Review: Protect America - PA

• Submitted: Tue, September 12, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, February 12, 2007

• Reported By:Gilbert Arizona
Protect America - PA
5100 North IH-35 Suite B. Round Rock, Texas U.S.A.

Protect America - PA Complete Ripoff Dishonest Fradulent billing practices Round Rock Texas

*Consumer Comment: Steven Grimm's response to me

*UPDATE Employee: Operations manager

*Author of original report: Nothing as of yet

*UPDATE Employee: Looking for Resolution?

About 2 years ago I purchased a home alarm system from "Protect America". I bought it and signed a contract for 2 years, after 1 year I was having all sorts of problems with the system and was not happy. I had to keep the system or pay a ton of money for breech of contract, so I kept it.

I called 2 times for someone to come out to fix the unit and they never did, nor did they even call. After my 2 years where up. I was told I had to "Mail" in a cancellation to this company 60 days in prior to my contract end; this was in November 2005, which I did.

My contract was up in February 2006, this should have ended my contract since I mailed the cancellation notice, and they have me on record as calling to cancel. I sent the letter early, more than enough time for USPS to get the letter to them even on a donkey.

Time goes by I went on vacation to Seattle. While I was on vacation wouldn't ya know my alarm goes off. My sister in law was staying there to watch things. I guess she did not take notes on the operation.

This happened multiple times in 2 weeks, no police showed up, NO call from Protect America, NO call from ANYBODY to see if it was a false alarm, which they have done on the first year of service. This would usually indicate I HAVE NO MORE SERVICE cause it was cancelled.

Months go by and they are still AUTOMATICALLY withdrawing money from my bank account for alleged "monitoring services" EVEN AFTER I CANCELLED AND EVEN AFTER FALSE ALARMS. I could not get them to cancel. I ultimately had to close my bank account to keep them from withdrawing money out for an account that had been cancelled.

Let me ask ya if they where monitoring, wouldn't I have got a call from the police or from them to see if its a false alarm when it was going off. Even a moron would day "Yes" since I paid for it.

So today September 12 2006 I received a bill from Protect America for a $98.85 for past due and current monitoring. Hum I thought. It seems they have been billing me for services they where not monitoring and they are still trying to do it and the d**n this still doesn't work.

I called them today. They tell me you owe this money for months past, June, July, August.....................I S*#@ you NOT.

Now they state we NEVER received ANY cancellation notice within 60 days for contract ending. Ya see when you don't cancel within 60 days of your contract end they don't contact you, they renew the contract for a further 2 years, its in the fine print they say, and the sales guy does not tell ya this. Only after 3 months have passed they send me a bill stating past due and this is the first time I have seen a bill from them.

I spoke with this people person "a rude idiot" to say the least, I told her the entire story. She then got angry and defensive. This was obviously the person that needs people skills, oh and she was a "supervisor".

I asked her why am I being billed for services if the service that I paid for when all you people do IS they simply call the police and me if my alarm goes off and they never called once.... she changed the subject immediately.

She offered me a discounted price for the renewal contract that I just made without my knowledge...ha. I then kept explaining to her " I cancelled the service". This went through one ear and out the other. She said why did you close you bank account. I said you where taking money for a service that was cancelled 3 months prior, I sent a cancellation notice, and you fraudulently withdrew money. She then got more defensive and all the facts I stated to her earlier she kept twisting my facts to be in her favor.

I will be contacting the attorney general of Arizona, the BBB of AZ, the registrar of contractors of AZ and possible small claims about this problem. Any others please chime in. This seems to be happening to more and more every day.

I will keep you posted on the mail they will send me...

David
Gilbert, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2006 04:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Protect-America-PA/Round-Rock-Texas-78681/Protect-America-PA-Complete-Ripoff-Dishonest-Fradulent-billing-practices-Round-Rock-Texa-210663. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Protect America - PA

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

Thanks for the response. I still have not heard back from this person although he states to call him, somewhat like I cancelled my "service" and they didnt get it. I am still waiting on Attorney general response I was told to save all e-mails from this company, and what do ya know nothing is in writing..

Steven Grimm's response to me

AUTHOR: Gabriel - (U.S.A.)

Hi David,
Steven Grim responded to me, it seems like the Operation Manager is actually someone hired full time to give unsatisfied customers the run around.
I'm prepared to go as far as I need to keep from being robbed of money.
I was rushed by sales into signing their contract, now a year later, i need to sell the house, and they are unwilling to settle or help out without binding someone else or transfering the contract..
David, please let me know how it goes with the attorney general of Arizona, the BBB and the registrar of contractors of AZ.

The response from Steven Grimm :
____________________________
Steven Grimm writes:

Gabriel, Thanks for your response back to me so quickly.

I will be quite frank though ....you entered into an agreement with Protect America Inc. to provide you a service, a monitoring service and
that agreement was initially for (3) years. I am sorry that you did not read the agreement but your signature on the bottom of all (3) pages,
and I quote "My signature below attests that I have received, read and understood a copy of this 36- month Monitoring agreement. I agree to the terms contained on pages 1,2 and 3 of this document." Now, I do agree that we have some complaints to the BBB and most of those complaints are about our renewal policy and the fact that most of our customers do not
read their agreement or possibly misplace it during their term with us but I will be honest with you Gabriel, this is the first complaint that I have witnessed from a customer not even fulfilling the initial term and filing a complaint. Again, I do apologize and feel terrible that you did not read it but we have a department that can and will assist you in
transferring your agreement to your new owners' names if you can provide that information to us. Believe me, Gabriel I want to help any way I can
but it is like you purchasing a car or house or anything else tangible and changing your mind, you said you would do something and now you
don't want to do it and we are the ones that are "unethical, as you say?" Gabriel, I have spoken to the owner of the company and he has
agreed with me that you will be responsible for the remaining term on the agreement. What I will do is to notate your intent to cancel in your
file and make sure it does not renew after April 2009.
If there is anything else I can do for you please let me know,

Operations manager

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

Hello David, I have asked that you call me or send me an email to discuss your issues with Protect America directly but have not heard from you, just these rebuttals.

Call me David so we can come to some resolution.

1-800-951-5111 ext. 8262

Nothing as of yet

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

I have e-mailed Steven at this company and believe it or not he has NOT responded to the mail. I know big surprise.

Looking for Resolution?

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

My name is Steven Grimm, Operations Manager, for Protect America, Inc.

I would like the opportunity to personally contact the anonymous names listed on this specific report complaining about Protect America, Inc. to resolve any issues they may have with our company. Can you provide contact information for these people? Please forward my contact information to them so they may have the opportunity to contact me and resolve any issue they may have.

My direct number and extension is 1-800-951-5111 ext. 8262 and my email address is steven@protectamerica.com

Thank you, for your cooperation.