Complaint Review: Protect America

• Updated: Tue, April 15, 2014

• Reported By: Caldo15 — Bridgewater New Jersey
Protect America
3800 Quick Hill Road, Building 1-100 Austin, Texas USA

Protect America Liars, refused to cancel contract after 3 year initial contract was over Austin Texas

Back in 2006 I started working the midnight shift at my job so my wife wanted a house alarm setup. Stupid me found this company Protect America. They sent us a piece of crap security system that never worked correctly from the start. Anyway, we got a 3 year contract that I think was around $27 a month. After 2 years i disconnected the thing since it did not work and i was off midnights anyway. I called Protect America and asked about cancelling my contract, they said I would have to wait until the end of the contract to call them 30 days before it expires and cancel. I marked that on the calendar, continued to pay the $27 a month for the remainder of the contract. 40 days before the end of the contract I call protect America to cancel, they tell me I can't do it over the phone, I must send it in my writing. I do that, I faxed it to them and mailed a copy to the company.  The next month comes and I'm still being charged monthly $27. I called them back and they said they never got my fax or letter (LIARS) and they also added that I needed to cancel 60 days before the end of the contract, or else the contract automatically re-news for ONE GOD d**n YEAR!!!

I was livid, nobody at proect america would help me. I faxed the letter again and mailed it to them that I wanted to cancel. I was so mad I just left it alone. Back in 2010I got a threatening letter from a collection agency saying I had to pay them since they bought Protect America's debt and that I owed them around $300. that letter was thrown away. Never heard about it since, nothing was ever reported to my credit. Now 4 years later i get a letter from HILLCRESTCOL, never heard of them, they said they had Protect America's debt and I owed them $513. LOL Where the hell did they get $513 from?????   I just checked my credit report today and this collection is on my report. where the hell do these bastards get the balls to charge me $513, where did they get that number from. Protect America is a scam, do not get a system through them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2014 11:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Protect-America/Austin-Texas-78728/Protect-America-Liars-refused-to-cancel-contract-after-3-year-initial-contract-was-over-1139027. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Protect America