Complaint Review: Protect America

• Reported By: Toyin — Abingdon Maryland
Protect America
3800 Quick Hill rd Austin, Texas USA

Protect America Stay Away from them, You are Warned!!!! Austin Texas

I changed my Home monitoring company from ADT to Protect America - One of the worst decision I've ever made!! Soon after installation Protect America system kept dialling the police precinct whenever we leave the house thru the front door, with police showing up at my door obviously angry. I believe the system should call us first to disable the alarm, before calling the police. Unfortunately, it never did, and I had to pay $350 fine to the police dept. for false alarms. We never had this problem with ADT no, not once.

I called Protect America to fix this problem, but their representatives were clueless, that is when I discovered that Protect America had contracted a different company based in New Jersey for the monitoring. Since it will be foolish of me to risk paying the police dept again for false alarms as well as Protect America monthly fee for a  nonexistent monitoring. I switched off the system and demanded that Protect America cancel my contract. This is when I had the 2nd shocker that under no circumstance can I get off the 3 year contract, even when it is Protect America's fault for bad installation.

Most good companies will consider the customer's loss and terminate the contract, obviously Protect America is not one to let go. I'm being forced to pay for monitoring that I'm not having with the system turned off.

Be warned!! - Stay away from Protect America!! Stay away from Protect America!! Stay away from Protect America!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2013 02:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Protect-America/Austin-Texas-78728/Protect-America-Stay-Away-from-them-You-are-Warned-Austin-Texas-1059217. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Protect America